Chapter 2

Chapter 2

O L L I E

I closed my eyes and my cheeks heated up in embarrassment for the stupid slip-up. I am a big boy, not a baby boy. What will the stranger think of me for calling him daddy? What if he's not a daddy dom? What would he think of me? I don't want to see his repulsed expression. Also, did I hear him right? Did he call me perfect?

I wanted to clear out the confusion, but my stomach deemed it fitting to let its presence be known. I swallowed and slowly stood up, an embarrassed heat on my cheeks. "U-um, I'm sorry for bumping into you. I'll go ahead."

With my bottom still throbbing from that hard stumble, I willed my trembling knees to step away from the magnetic aura of the stranger in front of me. However, before I could even take a step, he spoke.

"Can I interest you for a breakfast?"

I glanced at the man and with a deep frown and stared at him dumbfoundedly. "Huh?"

The man cleared his throat and chuckled softly while scratching his brow. I didn't expect him to look so... nervous. Did I do that? Did I make him nervous?

"Yes," I heard him answer my thoughts, and when I realized that I was thinking out loud, I averted my eyes from him, chewing my lips, as my cheeks heated up again. "I'm sorry for inviting you out of the blue. Where are my manners?" His sexy chuckle drew my attention back to the man.

His green eyes were bright, and there were unnamed emotions that subtly filled them. "My name is Stefan Alexandrei. Can I hope to know yours, beautiful?"

My hand went on top of my pounding chest. Beautiful? Me? My eyes transferred from his handsome face to his outreached hand. With my free hand, I reached for Stefan's and his large hands easily enveloped mine. The sparks that traveled to my nerve endings made me yelp, but willed myself to answer.

"My name is Oliver. Oliver Pines. It's nice to meet you," I said softly and withdrew my hand. A twinkle of amusement flashed in Stefan's green orbs, his lips tugging for a small smirk.

"Oliver. I like it. Oliver," he repeated, rolling it over his tongue as if my name fascinates him.

Oddly enough, I don't feel any sense of danger around him. Instead, I want to jump into him and cling like a koala, but that would be so embarrassing, and I don't want him to think that I'm a creep and a weirdo.

"So...what do you think?"

"A-about what?" I nervously swallowed and blinked my eyes several times. My arms were embraced around my body as if to shield me from danger. Stefan is bad for my heart. I have never felt my heart race wildly like this unless I'm hyperventilating. I am not hyperventilating, just to be clear.

"Breakfast. Would you want to have one with me? If you're uncomfortable here, pick any place you like." Stefan smiled at me, and his determined eyes left no room for any protest. "Please. Treat it as my apology for bumping into you."

Stefan looked at me with a silent plea etched on his face. It's just breakfast, Oliver. But I don't want to eat out. What if... I shook my head to dismiss my negative thoughts and Stefan's slumped shoulders made me realize that it looked like I was rejecting him.

"I'll have breakfast with you," I squeaked out, and Stefan's glum expression suddenly brightened when he heard my reply. "I have a request. Um... I actually don't like eating out. I don't feel... safe." The last word almost didn't slip out of my lips. I hope that he doesn't think of me as a burden after this. 

Aside from the flash of curiosity in his face, Stefan did not fuss about it. "Oh, that's alright with me. Do you have any allergies that I need to know?" He fished out his phone from his pocket and started dialing.