Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Stefan's Manor

O L L I E

Stefan stared at me dumbfoundedly when I uttered those words, his eyes searching my face for any signs that I was just teasing him, but I'm not.

"I'm mad." He flinched and he looked like a lost puppy to me, unsure of what to do. I sighed and hauled him to the bathroom. "Very much, but let's clean you up first. You reek of blood." He nodded obediently and let me strip his clothes for him. There were droplets of blood splattered on his pants, some on his arms, others on his hair and cheeks.

When I saw his knuckles and the inside of his palms bleeding again, I grit my teeth and closed my eyes, as I calm myself down and not explode in anger.

"B-baby... I-"

"Get in the tub, please," I cut him off, my tone hard and cold, feeling guilty over the whole situation. He got hurt, again. Right after I told him to exactly not do that, but he didn't listen.

Stefan got in the bath that I prepared earlier; thanks to Devon who sent me a message that Stefan was on his way to our room.

I put two lavender bath bombs to help him relax and soak, and for the blood to be removed easily. It didn't take a minute for the water to turn red so I pushed the button to drain the water, then add another batch again. Same warm temperature and another two lavender bath bombs, as I wet his hair to remove the red liquid on the strands. I drained the tub once again and repeated the process until there was no trace of blood anymore. Stefan was silent throughout and kept on stealing glances at me.

I grabbed the loofah on the rack and sat on the edge of the tub, pouring a generous amount of bath gel, and lathered him up, cleaning every part of his body, while he just stared silently at me... afraid to make a sound.

I know that none of this was his fault, but more than the fact that I was angry because he hurt himself again, I'm angrier at myself for causing him trouble. Despite my blurry vision from the tears welling in my eyes, I continued rubbing and lathering Stefan's body; his neck, arms, torso, thighs, and legs.

Thank goodness he was not hurt badly. Everywhere I go, I cause trouble for everybody. To the people back in the mansion, to my ex-neighbors from my previous residences, to Trevor and Devon, to my grandparents... but most of all, to Stefan.

I reached for his hand and when I saw his wounds, I dropped the loofah and stood up, wiped my hands, then ran outside the bath and into our walk-in closet, my hands covering my mouth to muffle my sobs, deep sobs wracking throughout my body. Guilt took over me. Guilt and self-blame.

I locked the door and curled myself on the sofa, hugging my small body, as broken sobs ripped out of my chest. I shouldn't have come here. I shouldn't have let my heart dictate me and let myself get carried away with such a beautiful daydream... an enchanting illusion that answered all of my heart's desires.

As if anyone would want such a useless human like you. Get it in your fucking head that no one would like a freak like you. Piece of shit.

...freak like you...

...useless human...

...no one would like you...

...no one...

I squeezed my eyes tight and shook my head, hoping that it will drive away from Bryce's voice. No, Stefan loves me. He said so. He loves me so much. His kisses, touches, and the way he takes care of me are a testament to that love. He loves me. Me.