Special Chapter: Surprise! (2)

Oliver woke up and slowly opened his eyes when he felt a warm hand caressing his cheeks affectionately. Even with his eyes closed, he knows who it is. A huge grin slipped from his lips and when his eyes finally adjusted to the light, those sparkling sets of green orbs welcomed him.

"Daddy bear. Hello." Oliver covered his mouth to stifle a yawn and Stefan chuckled, pressing his lips on Oliver's forehead.

"Hey, my love. How are you feeling? Do you need or crave something? Do you feel nauseated?" Stefan asked coolly, even if he wanted to let his baby know the results of Trevor's medical check-up.

The result came out an hour ago, and it further confirmed Oliver's pregnancy. Stefan screamed and Trevor was the recipient of his friend's overwhelming excitement. Stefan gave Trevor a bone-crushing hug and some hard pats on the back, which Trevor endured for his friend.

Oliver pushed himself to sit up but before he could do that, Stefan's arms were ready to support him. "Careful, baby. You could get hurt," Stefan reminded him, chuckling at his daddy's exaggeration.

"Daddy bear, I'm not sick or paralyzed. I can take care of myself," Oliver added in an amused tone but still let his daddy bear do his thing. Stefan helped him sit up, and put pillows on his back for comfort.

Oliver's smile widened even more when he noticed how Stefan grinned in satisfaction after making sure that Oliver was comfortable. "Better. Now that my baby is comfy and warm, do you want me to make a strawberry smoothie? I also cooked chicken mushroom soup and waffle chicken fingers. Your favorites."

Stefan wiggled his brows and he can see how Oliver's expression lit up and heard his stomach rumble. "Daddy bear, my tummy loved all the food you mentioned."

They both chuckled and Stefan lifted his baby and carried him downstairs. It's nearing lunch, and it's a good thing that Oliver woke up in time. Stefan doesn't want to wake his baby up especially when he's asleep.

Stefan deposited Oliver on the kitchen stool and began preparing his baby's meals. He also needs to start cooking a healthier meal for his husband and their small bean. The thought of mini-Olivers makes him giddy, excited, and thrilled. He can't wait to see their little beans. Plural, because he wants a big family.

However, it would still depend on Oliver's safety. They have to consider how delicate the situation would be for his love. According to Trevor, a carrier's life is at risk during pregnancy and delivery. Nevertheless, Trevor assured him that those are rare cases. Still, Stefan can't be too careful. When it comes to his baby's safety, he will go all out.

Oliver wiped the side of his mouth to check for drools when he saw all of the dishes prepared. Stefan walked to their fridge and he had to keep his squeals when Stefan brought out a slice of chocolate cake. Oliver's mouth watered and glanced at Stefan who was staring at him in amusement.

"Daddy bear, they all look so good, I don't know where to start," he whined with a pout and Stefan chuckled.

Stefan pulled a chair next to him and picked the bowl of soup. "Let's try the soup first, baby. To warm your stomach." Oliver nodded and gave his daddy a peck on the lips.

"Thank you, daddy bear. I love everything. They look delicious, and for sure, taste delicious," he added and Stefan gave him a soft and pleased expression.

The two fed each other, with occasional chats and laughter especially when they reminisce about their childhood. Stefan let Lisa tidy everything up and he carried his baby to the garden room on the rooftop. It is one of his birthday gifts for Oliver a year ago, including the art studio beside the garden room and the nursery room on the second floor.