Chapter 49

The chapters you need to look forward to:

Finale (Chapters 50&51)
Special Chapters: •The Proposal (2 parts)
•First Meeting (AU)
•The Surprise (2 parts)

Sequel: Stef and Ollie (complete)
Side Story: Bryer's Thorns (complete)

Chapter 49

February 2021
10:25 AM
Ainsworth-Pines Head Office
New York City

O L L I E

Flashes of cameras welcomed me when I climbed out of the car. Marc, my driver-bodyguard, opened the door for me and commanded my security details to clear the area and enforce crowd control. I don't know why I get treatment like I'm a celebrity, and honestly, it's a bit suffocating but I need to keep my cool and smile for the cameras.

I need more investments and sponsors for my future projects intended to benefit the less fortunate. Despite the glaring lights of the cameras, I smiled and nodded, and entered the company unscathed with the help of Finn and Aries managing the crowd and making sure I am alright. Jacques is in charge of the intelligence unit of the empire, similar to what Trevor does in the Phantom.

I shook my head to dismiss the image of a man that I don't want to think of at the moment. I need to focus. I have to finish all of my tasks so I can finally have my one-week leave. Grandpa Roman was the one who forced me to have this one-week vacation and I won't refuse such an offer.

Things had been hectic lately. I need to rest my mind and my heart. I closed my eyes briefly and took a deep breath. When I stepped inside the lobby, the employees greeted me cheerfully and I responded with the same vigor. I waved at them and smiled, and I am quite happy that the employees are happy with their jobs.

Finn is in front of me while Aries is looking for my back while Marc is beside me. I tried to hide my grin when I saw how the ladies threw flirtatious smiles and fluttered their eyelashes to the three. Who wouldn't? The three of them are drop-dead gorgeous, clad in a black suit, and their aura emanates authority and command. I won't blame the men and women who are smitten with them.

I am a proud friend.

"Someone's enjoying himself," Marc commented but he did not glance at me. His attention was on checking the perimeter with a straight face.

I softly giggled and cleared my throat after. I need to be professional. I can tease them later. "I think your fangirls and fanboys increased, Markie. You should throw them a smile from time to time." Marc rolled his eyes and glanced at me.

"I'm not interested, Oliver. You should stop playing matchmaker. Just because it worked on Jacques, it would work on me." We turned and headed for the private elevator. The main HQ is composed of fifty floors and a penthouse for me. There are times when I get so buried with so much work that resting in the penthouse was better than going back home.

I did not give up and looked up at Marc who did not seem a bit fazed. "Don't knock it till you try it, Markie. Just one date, please? If you do not feel any sparks, I would stop and move on with Finn, or Aries." I heard Aries cough at the back and Finn almost tripped on air but was able to regain his balance. When we finally reached the private elevator, Finn scanned his fingerprint and it opened. Both he and Aries looked so flustered so I caught their attention.

"Oh, come on. Why so fidgety? Don't you trust me, guys? I'm a good matchmaker," I pouted and folded my arms, while the both of them sighed and Marc was stifling his laugh. I glared at the latter through the elevator door and he cleared his throat, his eyes still shining with amusement.