Chapter 35

Chapter 35

7:45 am
Private Library,
Stefan's Manor

O L L I E

"Is it just me, or are you both being extra sweet today?" Trevor noticed and sat on the couch across from me, as he stared at me holding some freshly-picked flowers from the garden handed to me by Stefan. Stefan is currently preparing my breakfast downstairs and he told me to stay put.

I did not expect Stefan to go along with me when I suggested that we start over again and get to know each other better. We did not follow the conventional way of entering a relationship, because conventional is boring. But still, I want to experience it. I want to feel a sense of normalcy with all this chaos.

I decided to spend my time enjoying the fresh air from the open windows of the private library. The double doors of the balcony were also wide open, and the entire room looks so vibrant and cozy. Earlier, a team of ten people arrived for the bi-monthly cleaning. Every single decor in the mansion was replaced with something new and pleasant to look at.

The place was turned upside down and actually, the cleaning is still ongoing. It was just not that obvious because it was not rowdy and noisy. I just learned that Stefan lost a bet with his brother, Reeve, with his efficient servants in the line, so for a month, the mansion was silent.

Stefan mentioned that his house staff will come back next month. According to him, Reeve is just fickle and with trust issues, so Stefan just gave in and let go of his staff for a month.

As of the moment, Reeve is burying himself with work as a coping mechanism for his heartbreak. Stefan was worried that Reeve would kill himself from overwork. It did not bother my sweet daddy that his staff was gone for a while because he was temporarily staying that time at his penthouse, but then he met me.

Stefan wants the house to be clean and comfy to live in. I was curious that no one lives in the mansion except Stefan, and of course, Devon, but the latter also has his own place. Devon has a villa within the manor while Trevor has his own too. However, being alone with Stefan made me feel happy and giddy. I also felt comfortable; I'm kind of fidgety when it comes to new people.

Stefan is an exception. He is always an exception.

Almost a month passed since I got here, and overall, four months since mom and dad passed away. I still miss them; so much, and I will miss them every day. I hope they're in a good place. I will pray for that wish to come true.

My eyes roamed around the whole library and were satisfied when the entire second floor was clean and free of dust, especially the bookshelves. New ornamental plants were also added to give a pleasant and cool atmosphere inside the space.

We are going to discuss the plans they have formulated, and this is our meeting place. "We decided to go back from where we started," I smiled and answered Trevor, then put the flowers on the coffee table.

Trevor frowned and I followed where his eyes landed... on my empty ring finger. He snapped his head at me, his eyes held confusion. "You..." Then he smiled and reached for my hand, giving me an appreciative squeeze. "Thank goodness. You finally realized."

"Huh?"

"That Stefan is no good and you should look for someone better-- ow!" Trevor glared at the person who smacked him, which turned out to be... Stefan. Trevor glared at Stefan but my sweet daddy dismissed Trevor.

"Stop putting ideas into his head," Stefan said in his threatening tone while Trevor rolled his eyes and then flopped himself on the couch across ours. I didn't even notice Stefan's presence in the room.