Chapter 2

December 3, 2001 Miami, Florida
LILI'S POV
"Is this one the right place?" Britney asked.

"Yeah, I think so." I squinted at the designer store. "Let's go." we both entered the store. Britney was dressed in low rise jeans a tank top, and I in a Juicy Couture suit. There were a few celebrities there as well. Probably for the same reason we were, to pick up and try on the final dresses for the Rolling Stone event. I saw Kim Kardashian waiting while talking to a blonde. She looked familiar. Oh, it was Paris Hilton. I did know Kim. We had talked several times at events.

Britney went over to them, and I followed. I didn't really talk to Paris, not because she had a sex tape leaked, I would never judge someone for that, but she wasn't really my type of friend.

I knew she was filming a reality show, and it would be released soon. Her and Kim's names were always on the tabloids for the most random things. To make money, I figured.

"Hey Paris, Kim." Britney greeted.

"Hi Britney." Paris drawled. I gave a nod to Kim. Paris gave me the once over.

"Hello Lili." she smiled. She had this way of making me feel that I was being rude by not being her friend.

"Hi Paris." I responded. After those awkward greetings, we all started talking about the dresses, and what we each had requested.

"Over here!" we all turned around to the window to see a whole punch of paparazzi.

"Ooh, come on!" Paris squealed and she grabbed Britney's hand, who grabbed my hand and dragged me along. I wasn't a huge fan of paparazzi. I learned that a picture of me was worth 10,000. Scary.

"What are you all doing together?" they asked.

"Oh, just picking up the dresses." Kim explained. They nodded and took endless pictures. For the last one, I was in between Paris and Britney, while Kim was next to Paris. We all smiled for the photo before heading back inside.

"Wasn't that fun?" Paris asked. Kim nodded.

"Definitely."

"Yeah." I nodded, lying. Next to me, Britney bobbed her head.

"Girls, your dresses are ready! Come try them on!" a red head called. We rushed over and we all undressed and slipped our dresses on. Mine was dark green, strapless, and had a thigh high slit on the side. Britney had a light blue dress, Kim a red one, and Paris a pink one.

"Oh, we look gorgeous!" Paris clapped in delight.

"I'm sure Nick's gonna melt when he sees you in that." Britney teased, poking me. I rolled my eyes.

"Nah, Justin is gonna get all hard when he sees you." I teased back. Britney blushed, as she tends to do when she and Justin are brought up.

"We are all gonna tease the guys don't worry." Kim assured us. Paris nodded. We changed back into our regular clothing and our dresses were put into non- transparent dry cleaning bags.

"Ooh, I have an idea." Paris said, as we started walking out.

"What?" Britney and I asked at the same time. We looked at each other and laughed.

"For the Rolling Stone event, we should all get ready at my house!" she exclaimed.

"Oh, that sounds like fun." Kim started putting her hair down from its pony tail.

"Oh, I don't know." I scratched my arm. "I could always get ready in-"

"Awww come on Lili." Britney pleaded. I mentally sighed.