Chapter 23

June 2, 2003 Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
LILI'S POV
I laid on the couch, hugging Christopher's baby blanket. It still hurt like hell.

I lost a child.

A piece of me.

At this point, after all the shit I've been through, I wasn't sure I would recover from this one.

And it didn't feel right to.

Every time I had something else to love, I lost it.

Knowing that I would never see Christoper grow up was what hurt me the most.

It made me just want to leave. Leave this world, since there was only pain.

Sad, bitter pain. I'd lost my faith in the industry, Nick, and now Christopher.

The only thing I had left. It felt like a piece of my heart died. I knew, even if I went to therapy, that the wound would always be there. It would never go away.

I would never be the same.

I laid there, crying with my arms around the baby blanket for an hour.

"Go away." I mumbled, when I heard a knock on the door.

"No." It was Jamie's voice. "Open up."

I sighed in disgust and stood up, not even bothering to wipe my face.

"What?" I opened the door.

Jamie eyed me up and down, then shook his head.

"Look at you." he grimaced. "Terrible. But anyways, it's filming time Lili. Shower and get ready so we can go."

I started at him. "My son died, and you expect me to still work? You're a real asshole."

Jamie waved that off. "I get things done. You should've thought about what might've happened before having a damn kid."

I gaped at him. "I was fucking raped by my ex husband. I had no damn choice."

Jamie rolled his eyes. "There's something called an abortion."

"Don't you think I considered that? Again, I didn't have a fucking choice. Kenneth had forbidden me to have one. You know nothing Jamie. All you care about is the money. I'm nothing to you except a cash cow."

Jamie glanced at his watch. "You done? We're short on time."

I shook my head. "You're terrible."

"Thank you, are you done?"

"Yeah. I'm done." I put my hand on the doorknob. "I quit."

Jamie looked up immediately. "You can't quit. You're not allowed to."

I stared him down. "I can and I will. This isn't worth it. You're a horrible person, I can't even go out without paparazzi, I'm always supposed to be keeping up a stupid perfect princess persona, and the schedule is ridiculous. I'm done."

Jamie returned my cold stare. "You sighed a contract. You have to honor it. You know what will happen to your reputation and record if you quit while on a contract."

I looked down. I didn't want that. I would be black listed from a lot of things and projects if I left.

"Okay." I whispered.

Jamie nodded. "Perfect. Now go get ready."

As I went back up the stairs, I started to wish I had chosen a normal job instead.

Hollywood was cruel.

June 23, 2003 Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
KEVIN'S POV
I was sipping my drink quietly, looking around at all the people in the club.

Kristin was away, doing a side project, so I came here for a little drink.

I leaned against the bar and watched people dance, and get drunk, leave, probably on their way to get a DUI.

When I finished my drink, I gave the bartender a tip, for which he was incredibly grateful for.

As I was about to leave, I saw two men carrying a green haired girl who was half awake.

I squinted and looked closer before realizing who it was.

Lili.

They carried her out of the club, and I followed closely.

In the parking lot, they went to the backseat of a car and began removing her clothes, while she was laughing and talking.

No way I was going to let that happen. I looked over to my right where a photographer was. He was already snapping pictures.

As the men removed her shirt, I went into action.

"Stop!" I yelled, and they jumped back, surprised. I opened the car door and grabbed Lili by the waist and slung her over my shoulder, her protesting the whole time.

"Kevin! Put me down!" she pounded on my back.

"Kevin!" she screeched. "Stop it!"

I put her down, right when we reached my car.

"Goddammit Kevin!" Lili protested.

"What the fuck was that? Were you really about to fucking let them do that to you?" I demanded.

Lili sighed, exasperated. "It's none of you're business what I do Kevin! You told me to get out of the damn house, and once I do, you yell at me."

"I didn't mean have a threesome!" I shook my head. "Have respect for your body at least!"

"You don't get to tell me what to do Kevin." she said, angry. "I was having fun, which isn't something that happens often okay?"

I knew she was doing this to try to forget her loss, but it wasn't the right way.

One blonde to rehab, one more to go.

"Lili come on, it's still not too late. I can find you a really good rehab place wherever you want-" I started.

Her green eyes widened. "Rehab? No way Kevin. I'm not an addict. You're insane, I'm not going there."

"Would you listen to me dammit?" I snapped.

"No Kevin. I'm not going to. I'm sick and tired of this. The same old thing. I'm not going to rehab and I'm not to stop anything. It gets me through all this shitty stuff, so just fuck off." she snapped back.

I was taken aback. She'd never spoken to me that way before.

"Lili, please. I don't want you to die from an overdose. You're so close to it, it's really fucking scaring me." I begged.

"I'm not going to die Kevin. Just worry about yourself for once. And just let me live my life." she stormed passed me without another word.

I watched her walk away, getting into a car and driving back home.

In some ways, she was more difficult than Nick.

How the hell was I going to get her out of this?