Chapter 19

March 29, 2003 Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
LILI'S POV
"Get up!" I felt ice cold water being thrown on me.

Tamara had thrown it.

I glared at her, and got up. The officer unlocked the cell and it was time for breakfast. By this time, I was incredibly hungry, so I ate it.

Afterwards, people just stayed in there, talking, playing cards. I sat at a table alone, until another girl sat next to me. She was short and had brown hair with a side fringe with piecing dark blue eyes.

"Hey." she said.

"Hi." I smiled at her.

"What's your name?" she asked. "I'm Emma."

"Lili." I offered. She nodded.

"Viotto right?"

"Yeah that's me." I gave a humorless laugh.

"Why are you here? Aren't you the Princess of Hollywood? I don't think this is your castle." Emma said, laughing.

"Not necessarily. And anyways, I'm not supposed to be here. I didn't do anything wrong." I crossed my arms.

"That's what we all say. But trust me, does the judge care? No." Emma scowled and made a face.

"No, but I'm really not supposed to be here. There's evidence that I didn't do it." I protested. "It's all in the video, I don't get it. But my friends are helping me, so I won't be here long."

Emma sighed. "Well, at least you're guaranteed to get out, I've been here since 1995."

My ears perked up at that year. "For what?"

"Being the wife of George Willman and helping him."

I widened my eyes. George Willman had been supposedly the second worst mafia leader in the world, after my father. The two hated each other.

Emma chuckled. "I see you know who that is. But trust me, I'm done with all of that. I'm here until 2015. So technically, I still have twelve more years to go."

2015. I would be thirty five years old. I was only twenty two right now. That sounded so far away. I wondered what I would be doing by then.

"Blondie?" Emma snapped her fingers and I blinked.

"What?"

"You zoned out on me." Emma tilted her head. "Well, I should call you Greenie instead maybe since you're not a blonde anymore."

"It's semi permanent." I ran my hands through my green-blonde hair.

"Yeah, I can tell. Your blonde roots are showing." Emma nodded her head toward my own.

"Look, you want some? It's not meth, but it's okay. It's ecstasy." she whispered.

"You have some?" I asked, surprised.

Emma bobbed her head. "Yeah, my sister comes and visits once a week and she refills my supply. I keep it in here." she tapped her cross necklace. She opened it and white powder was inside.