Chapter 3

December 11, 2001 Tampa Bay, Florida
NICK'S POV
I woke up with Lili snuggled against my chest. I yawned and rubbed my eyes and stretched. That woke her up. I smiled down at her.

"What a night." she yawned. I smirked.

"Yeah, that's what you get for being such a tease."

"It wasn't even that bad." she protested.

"You almost made me have an orgasm." I shook my head. She put an innocent look on her face. She got the robe next to the bed and sat up and put it on. I did the same. I stood up and so did Lili. But she wobbled, and held on the bed post.

"You okay?" I asked, holding her steady. She nodded.

"Yeah, just a little sore." she admitted. A smirk grew on my face.

"Oh stop." she rolled her eyes.

"I told you I would do it so hard you wouldn't be able to walk." I picked her up and carried her to the bathroom. We brushed our teeth and both went into the shower together. I had to hold her, so she wouldn't fall down. After we were both dressed, I carried her to the couch.

"I think I'm good now Nick." she chuckled. I sat down next to her.

"I'm still gonna pick you up though." I kissed her. She smiled against my lips.

"But seriously though, I'm good now. I can walk." she said, when we pulled away. I nodded. I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. Ugh. More news. Wait. Were those my parents? I put the volume up. The woman kept talking about how they got divorced. What? I leaned forward. And my mom caught my Dad with Ginger?

Holy fuck. I watched, completely shocked. I knew my parents never loved each other, but this? They always said they were gonna get a divorce when we were kids, but they had always been drunk when they said that. As usual, the news ended with gossip, and that they were awaiting what I had to say about it. I scoffed. Then, commercials rolled in.

"Nick, I'm so sorry." Lili gave me a hug. I hugged her back, I needed someone. I always wanted my parents to divorce as a kid, but now that it was actually happening, it was so painful. I felt like crying, and I started to.

"I don't know why I'm crying." I sniffed, ashamed. Lili squeezed me tighter and kissed my head, rubbing my back. Then, her phone rang. She let go of me and picked up.

"Hello?" she answered. She was silent for a while.

"Right now? You want me to come right now?" I looked up at her. She sighed.

"Okay, but only for a week right?" she asked. I wiped my face and sniffed.

"Alright, I'll be right there." she hung up.

"What?" I asked. She sighed. "I have to go to Miami for a week to film, that's all."

"Now? Wasn't it supposed to be in a month?"

She nodded. "Yeah, but things will get done quicker if I go now." Lili stood up. I grabbed her arm.

"Don't leave me." Another tear fell down my cheek. "I don't wanna be alone. I need you."

Lili came over and kissed me for a long time. "I'm sorry Nick. I'll be back before you know it." she pushed a stand of hair away from my face. But I got angry.

"Don't touch me." I pushed her hand away. She looked confused.

"Nick, what's wrong?" again, she reached her hand out. I turned away.

"Just go, since you care more about the series than me." I muttered.

"Nick, I don't care about it more than you, I'm doing this so I can be with you more." Lili said. But I ignored her.