Chapter 11

June 30, 2002 Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
LILI'S POV
I shouldn't have done it. I knew I shouldn't have done it.

But I did.

After anonymously bailing Nick out of jail for the second time, I rushed to get home. I didn't care that he flashed anyone at the club, but I knew that he wouldn't last a week in prison. So I paid the fine to get him out. Not because I still loved him, but because I felt bad.

At least that was what I was trying to tell myself.

Maybe if I say it enough times I'll believe it.

When I got back home, "home" as in Kenneth's house, I saw he was fast asleep on the couch, the coffee table littered with cigarettes, alcohol and drugs. As soon as I closed the door, his eyes snapped open.

"Where were you?" he asked, sleepily. He was high and drunk as I could tell.

"I went for a walk." I lied. I set down my purse on the hook beside the door.

"Well don't. I'm hungry." he complained.

"There's food in the fridge." I sat down on the couch.

"I meant make me food. That's what you're fucking here for." he said, rolling his eyes. I didn't really have a temper, but that pissed me off.

"That's not what I'm fucking here for. I don't live to serve your lazy ass Kenneth. Just get up and serve yourself fucking food, it's not that difficult." I snapped back. Kenneth sat straight up and got up from the couch. He headed over to me.

His hand slapped me in my face. My head snapped back. I held my cheek, which no doubt was red.

"Don't fucking hit me you asshole!" I yelled, pushing him away. He stumbled, but only briefly. His nostrils flared, and I knew he was furious now. He advanced on me again, and I stood up and ran for the door. He was faster. His hand grabbed me by my hair and he dragged me back.

"You are my wife, my bitch, my property." he said, pulling me close to him. "And you are going to do whatever the fuck I tell you to. Remember what I said I would do to your little friend." he let go of me. I stood there, breathing hard.

I hated him. I absolutely hated him. I hated being his wife.

"Now go do what I fucking told you to." he snapped his fingers. "The food isn't going to make itself."

I shuffled into the kitchen, not crying, there was no way I would cry right now. I was too angry anyway. I made the food and served him and retreated to the bedroom. I opened the nightstand drawer and took out the meth. I debated whether I should do it or not. I was already drinking the alcohol, but a little more wouldn't hurt I guess.

I opened the pack and carefully laid it top of the drawer. I got out a random card and swept it into a line. After snorting it in, I decided I wanted more, so I got two more. When I was done with those two, I sighed in content. The last thing I remember was hearing Kenneth call my name before my eyes closed.

July 16, 2002 Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
NICK'S POV
How was the news of Justin Timberlake leaving *NSYNC still on the news? That thing happened back in April, a month after he broke up with Britney. Shortly after that, NSYNC disbanded and were no longer in existence.

I guess you could say they went Bye Bye Bye.

And left no strings attached.

They were always put as our rival, and we did see them that way in the beginning, I'll admit. But it had only been that way because of Lou. Fat bastard. He was still in Orlando, living the sweet life. Seemed like karma hadn't gotten to him yet.