Chapter 27

June 18, 2005 Key West, Florida
BRITNEY'S POV
"Tell me again why we're here?" Lili asked, pushing her hair away from her eye.

After returning from rehab a month before, she looked like her old self, and her hair was back to its long, blonde normal style.

"Well, it's a nice getaway spot, and we were reunited here so that's why." I made up the first thing I could.

"I mean, I guess." Lili looked around. "I haven't been here since I was twenty."

"Twenty?" I frowned. "Weren't you nineteen?"

"Well yeah, but we went again when we were twenty." Lili explained.

"Oh." I nodded.

"Did you bring the dress?" I asked.

"Yeah, but why? What's it for?" she brought it out.

"You'll see. Come on, let's change here." We went into the bathroom and changed into the dresses.

Lili's was a long loose white beach dress, and mine was a purple one.

"Perfect." I smiled at her. She looked so pretty. During her time at rehab, I had gotten married to Jason Alexander, a stupid decision. It didn't even last a week, then I got married to Kevin. The right choice. And I was pregnant with a son.

"Now, its time to go." We walked over to the private beach, where she and Nick had been in for the first time six years before.

"What are we doing back here?" she looked around.

"Just watch, and listen." I smiled and backed away. She gave me a look.

"This isn't making any sense Brit."

"It will, just watch." I retreated farther away, where Aaron, Leighanne, Leigh, Rochelle, and Kristin were.

Lili tilted her head in confusion, but her attention turned to the front, when music started playing.

LILI'S POV
As soon as the music started, I recognized it instantly as Back To Your Heart.

I heard AJ begin to sing. "It's not that
I can't live without you it's just that I don't even want to try. Every night I dream about you. Ever since the day we said goodbye."

I looked at him, unsure of what was going on.

Then I heard Nick's voice, but he didn't come out.

"If I wasn't such a fool, right now, I'd be holding you there's nothing that I wouldn't do, baby if I only knew."

"The words to say, the road to take, to find a way back to your heart, what can I do, to get to you, and find a way back to your heart." the guys came out, all except Nick, singing.

"I don't know how it got so crazy. But I'll do anything to set things right. Cause your love is so amazing, baby you're the best thing in my life." Brian sang.

"Let me prove my love is real, and made you feel the way I feel. I promise
I would give the world if only you would tell me, girl."  Nick's voice sang, but again, I couldn't see him.

"The words to say, the road to take, to find a way back to your heart, what can I do, to get to you, and find a way back to your heart." they chorused.

The guys continued the song, until it ended. There was a huge screen behind them, displaying photos from the scrapbook.

A new tune played, and it was It's True, from their previous album Black and Blue.