Chapter 6

February 19, 2002 Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
LILI'S POV
Fuck whoever invented Valentines Day. This is the first time I felt jealous of couples. The past few days were filled with romances everywhere I went. After the third proposal, I couldn't take it anymore. I left that damn restaurant and went back home.

Ever since that night at the club, I decided that alcohol really did numb pain. So I grabbed a glass and filled it up. I pushed my hair away from my face. It was green. I decided to dye it a stupid color and cut it shorter, a bit above my shoulder. But I had done it myself, so it looked terrible. But I didn't give a shit.

As usual, after I had done that, the tabloids went crazy. And my new manger, Jamie, he went insane too. Said it wasn't appropriate for the "Princess of Hollywood." Princess of Hollywood my ass. I was so sick and tired of keeping up that persona. After I finished my drink, I served myself several more, until I had nearly finished the other half of the bottle. Whatever. I downed the last bit and sighed. Again, my head started pounding and my nose bleeding. This has been going on for so long. I wiped it off and made a mental note to go to the doctor tomorrow.

Not feeling completely numb, I opened another bottle and drank more. The doorbell rang, I put down the drink. Who was that? I doubt it was Britney. I moved to open the door, and I was surprised to see who was on the doorstep. I hadn't seen him since September last year.

KEVIN'S POV
Fuck. She changed. A lot.

"Kevin? What are you doing here?" Lili asked. I blinked at her.

"Just came to say hi. I heard you
moved here and it took me a while to find the address." I smiled. She gave a little laugh. But I could tell she wasn't happy. I had heard what happened and gave Nick several angry phone calls, which he ignored. But I focused on Lili. Her hair was way shorter and green, badly cut. Her face seemed paler. And her tank top hung loosely on her. That worried me. Has she been eating?

"You gonna let me in?" I chuckled.

"Oh yeah. Sorry." Lili opened the door. I stepped in. Jesus. The amount of light that came in was insane. Lili closed the door and rushed over to a table and I saw opened bottles of what looked like alcohol.

"Are you drinking?" I inspected them. Yeah. Definitely alcohol.

"A little." she shrugged "Want some?"

I shook my head. I did drink, and sometimes got a little drunk, but I kept it under control. Lili filled the glass to the top and sat down.

"So, how are you and Kristin?" she asked.

I managed a smile. "We're good. Being married is a little crazy, but I love it."

Lili nodded. "Probably yeah." she finished her drink in one long gulp and poured herself another one. I frowned.

"Is that too much for you? You're only-" I began, but stopped. She was twenty one after all.

"I'm fine Kevin." she snapped. Then she paused. "Sorry."

"It's okay." I gave a weak smile. But I was worried. I didn't want her ending up like AJ. He was getting better now, but sometimes I feel like he would have been dead from alcohol if it wasn't for me busting down his hotel room door and exchanging the words we did. I still  remember the look on his face when I had told him he was dead to me.

"Kevin?" I look up to see Lili studying me.

"Yeah?"

"You zoned out for a little."

I pursued my lips. "Sorry. Just thinking about some things."

"It's AJ isn't it? You think I'm going to end up like he did." her voice hardened slightly. I shrank back.