Chapter 13

January 26, 2003 Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
LILI'S POV
I couldn't help but feel a small thrill when the Buccaneers scored another touchdown.

I never was much of a football fan, but I had gotten roped into the obsession a few years ago.

Kenneth, however, was not too happy about it. He was going for the Raiders, who were currently losing. He hated all things Tampa, really.

"Motherfuckers!" he yelled. I hid my smile and went to sit on the other couch. There were only two minutes left on the clock and the score was 48 for Tampa and 21 for the Raiders. At this point, it was obvious who would win.

Sure I wasn't born in Tampa, but it held a special place in my heart. I missed Tampa, but there was nothing I could do about it. I was here, on the other side of the country.

I looked down at my swollen stomach. It was seriously uncomfortable, and I didn't like being touched at all. Kenneth, for once respected that. As the two minutes came to a halt, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were announced as the winners of the 2003 Super Bowl. I smiled.

I knew someone who would be very happy.

"Goddammit! Fuck those idiot pirate shits!" Kenneth yelled, throwing down his glass cup. I rolled my eyes. I was too happy for this. I wasn't going to let him ruin this for me.

"Three hours just to see those amateurs win. Please." he scoffed and stood up and retreated to the bedroom. The door slammed. I went into the kitchen and grabbed the broom and went to sweep up the glass bits. After that was done, I painfully stood up again. I was due in about a month.

Jesus Christ. I felt the baby kicking. I sighed and flopped down to the couch. Suddenly, I felt a huge pain in my stomach. I looked down. My pants had a huge wet stain.

No. There's no way it's happening right now. I heaved myself up and sure enough, there was water on the floor. Another pain caused me to double over and scream.

"Lili?" Kenneth came running in. He saw me holding my stomach in pain and his eyes widened.

"Fuck! Not right now! Shit! Make it go back in!" he yelled.

"I can't you dumbass!" I screamed, not caring that I insulted him. He didn't pay attention, he grabbed the phone and dialed an ambulance.

"My wife is in labor!" he rushed out, panicking. I screamed again, overwhelmed with the pain.

In five minutes, the ambulance arrived and I was taken to the hospital where I was in labor for several hours.

"Keep pushing Lili, come on." Dr. Mayfield said, calmly. I gripped the bed, and pushed while crying in pain. Kenneth was watching, not even holding my hand.

"Great! I can see the head, one more push you got this." she said. I took a deep breathe and gave a final push, before collapsing in exhaustion. I was drenched in sweat. I heard a baby cry.

"Congratulations, you have a baby boy." Dr. Mayfield smiled. This was news to me, as I didn't go check what the baby's gender was. It didn't matter to me that much. I convinced myself that I hated the baby and didn't want it, but all those feelings went away when they gave him to me. I smiled softly and stroked his little face. His eyes opened and he looked at me.

His eyes were light brown and he had dark brown hair, like Kenneth. His tiny hand reached out and gripped my thumb.

I felt a little shock, but held onto him.

"I'll leave you." the doctors smiled and left. Kenneth went closer to look at the baby.

"Why does he have brown eyes? None of us have brown eyes." he tilted his head.