Chapter 22

May 27, 2003 Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
KEVIN'S POV
"How is she? She isn't answering any of my calls at all." I asked.

Britney sighed and shook her head. "I know. She's not good at all. She just shuts herself in the room and doesn't eat at all. And she's taking even more drugs than usual."

"Shit." I covered my face. "Has anyone found out yet?"

Britney shook her head. "No. The only people who know are her manger, and us."

I scowled. "Isn't it his damn fault this happened?"

"Obviously. If his impatient ass wouldn't have forced Lili to go back on set to talk to stupid paparazzi, she might have been able to save him in time." Britney said, bitterly.

"Fucking Jamie."

Britney opened her mouth, but my phone rang. I grabbed it and answered it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Kevin, did Christoper die?" It was AJ's voice.

I gripped the phone. "How do you know about that?"

"It's all over the fucking news man. Lili's manger Jamie held a press conference. Everyone knows now." AJ said, grimly.

I closed my eyes and held in a scream. "Dammit. Alright, thanks for telling me AJ."

"No problem Kev. Tell Lili I'm sorry." AJ hung up.

Britney's brown eyes followed me. "What?"

I sighed. "It's all over the news. Jamie held a press conference and told them what happened."

"This can't be good." Britney put her hands over her face.

"I know, but-" I started, but was interrupted by my phone ringing again. I frowned and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Nick. Listen Kev, I'm really ready to change alright man? Please, I just need your help. You're the only one I can talk to. I had some vodka and coke last night, but it's my last I promise. Please?" Nick's voice pleaded.

I was taken aback. "Nick?"

"Yeah it's Nick. The one you've known for ten years now. Come on Kevin help me. You're my only hope. I don't wanna die from this." Nick's voice cracked.

I bit my lip. "Fine. But if it turns out like last time, I'm done, you hear me Nick?" I said, sternly.

"Yeah. I know. I won't let you down this time. I promise." Nick paused. "I love you Kev."

My eyes watered. I hadn't heard that in a while.

"I love you too little man. I'll be right there, don't worry."

"Thanks." Nick hung up.

"What was it this time? Does he know?" Britney asked.

I shook my head. "No. He's finally getting help for his drug and alcohol abuse. I gotta go Brit, but call me if anything else comes up okay?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I will. Hope Nick gets better."

I smiled. "I think he will."

Fifteen minutes later, I parked in front of Nick's house and went up to the front door.

Before I could even knock, Nick opened the door.

"Kevin. You came." Nick hugged me, and I was surprised at first, but I hugged him back.