Chapter 7

March 11, 2002 Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
NICK'S POV
I sighed in content. My tour was over. I was finally back home. Paris and I had separated right before I went on tour, so no more staying at the Hilton Mansion. Thank god. Can't stand that place.

"Nicky?" I heard. Oh fuck no.

"Paris?" I asked, slightly annoyed. During the tour, I had hooked up with Melissa Schuman, a singer. She wanted a commitment, but no way. Not for me. Naturally, that pissed her off and she said I would regret it. But I focused on Paris.

"What are you doing here?" I rolled my eyes.

She sighed. "Nick, I know we argued before you left, it's just that I didn't want to be left alone. We're technically still together, but we were on break. Please?"

I was about to flat out say no, but she put her arms around my neck.

"Please Nickers?" she drawled, in a baby voice. I stiffened.

"Don't ever call me that again, you hear me?!" I yelled. She stepped back.

"Sorry." I covered my face. Shit, what kind of reaction was that?

"It's okay. But, can we please get back together? I miss you. If you want, you don't even have to stay at the Hilton Mansion. You can stay here, and I'll come over. It's a win-win." Paris suggested. I gave in.

"Fine."

She smiled. "Perfect. And, now that you're back, we have catching up to do." she held up little packets and waved them. I grinned. It was definitely what I needed right now.

March 19, 2002 Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
LILI'S POV
I wasn't sure what to do. Britney had arrived crying, and I was trying to comfort her with ice cream. She and Justin had broken up.

Funny how three months ago the news would have shattered me. But compared to having lost Nick, it barely fazed me. But I didn't show it.

I hugged Britney and we both watched Friends and ate a bucket of chocolate ice cream each. I needed the extra weight anyway. I had told Kevin that I would be fine on my own. But I still drank alcohol, against the doctors orders. I couldn't help it, it was the only thing keeping me sane right now.

"Ugh." Britney groaned. "Great, now I have to work all of this off." she glanced at her stomach.

"Nah, you're skinny. You'll be fine." I lick my spoon. "We'll both be fine. And if we gain weight, we'll go running together or something."

Britney gave a weak smile. "I think I'll get enough exercise running from paparazzi." then she sighed. "God, I can already picture the damn tabloids."

I nodded. I knew what that felt like. "Don't worry, they'll find something new after a while. I hate the tabloids too, but you'll be okay."

"I hope so." Britney sounded the opposite of hopeful. "I'll be lucky if they forget about it."

I stood up and went to the blood pressure machine. I had to check it every often or so. It was normal. I went to sit back down.

"How's that going for you?" Britney nodded toward the machine. I sighed. I still haven't gotten over having hypertension. It was still shocking to me.