Chapter 16

April 29 2003, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles
KEVIN'S POV
"Police open up!" the police yelled. I gaped.

"He's not gonna open the fucking door!" I shouted. They turned to me, but before they could say anything, a scream came from inside. The policemen backed away and kicked open the door. They went in, and checked the kitchen and living room.

Britney and I ran to the bedroom, where the door was slightly open. Something was blocking it on the other side.

"Come on, push!" We pushed against the door and burst in.

We stopped dead.

Lili was holding a knife and was kneeling over Kenneth's bloody body. Christoper was crying at the top of his lungs.

"Lili, what did you do?" I asked, mouth opened. She looked up, she seemed to be in shock.

"Call an ambulance!" A policeman ordered. He went over to Lili. Her clothes and hands were soaked with blood.

"Are you alright?" he asked. Lili didn't answer and instead got up and went to the crib.

"Shhhh, it's okay." she picked up Christopher and cradled him, and he quieted down.

"He can't hurt us anymore." she whispered, kissing his head. Lili looked up at us and smiled.

"Look, it's Uncle Kevin and Aunt Britney." she said, bouncing him.

The police officer stared at her. I knew what he was thinking.

"She didn't kill him." I said, automatically.

"We have no proof of that Mr. Richardson." he shook his head. "Everything here leads to murder. I have no choice."

He looked at Britney. "Miss Spears, if you could take the child please."

Britney bit her lip and nodded. "Lili, can I hold him for a moment?"

Lili smiled. "Sure." she handed him to Britney. I could tell that Lili didn't hear what the officer had just said. Britney took Christopher and held him. The officer sighed.

"Lili Moore, you are under arrest for the attempt of murder of Kenneth Moore. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can be used against you in court. You have the right to talk to a lawyer for advice before we ask you any questions. You have the right to have a lawyer with you during questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish. If you decide to answer questions now without a lawyer present, you have the right to stop answering at any time." he turned her over and put handcuffs on her.

"What?" Lili started panicking. "Kevin, what are they doing?!"

I tried to calm her down. "Lili, don't worry, we'll get you out of this okay?" My voice tightened. "They think you killed him."

"I didn't kill him!" she shouted.

"I know Lili, I know. Just stay calm." I said. I heard the sound of an ambulance outside and people came in with a stretcher.

"There's reporters outside." a woman told the officers.

"Fuck." they covered their faces. The paramedics put Kenneth on it and rushed him out. To be honest, I didn't think he had a chance. He had been covered in a pool of blood.

"Come on." the officer pulled Lili out. We followed them. As soon as we stepped out, the paparazzi were taking photos of a blood-covered Lili in handcuffs and reporters were talking and trying to get close. She was put into a police car and they sped away.