3 - The Black dog

"Where were you?" The sound of Lily's voice could be heard as you walked into The Great Hall and sat down at the Gryffindor table. Her face was full of worry as she made eye contact with you. Giving her a small smile you started to pile food onto your plate before answering her question. 

"I just went to see Hagrid." 

"Hagrid?" Sirius now began to get involved. 

"It's good to know you've got ears, Black." You shot back at the boy who looked taken back with your response. 

"Just remember who jumped in front of you during that lesson," Sirius muttered, sending you a glare as he continued to eat. 

"Are you okay (Y/n)?" Lupin leaned across the table to speak to you. 

"I'm okay." You looked up at the tall boy and send him a smile. "Thank you though." 

"Anything for a friend." He smiled back which caused Sirius to roll his eyes at his friend as he ate. "So (y/n), are you looking forward to the Hogsmeade trips this year?" Remus carried on the conversation, clearly guessing you were still worked up from Defence against the Dark Arts. 

"I guess ..." 

"Who are you going with?" 

"Myself or the girls -" 

"Evans, why don't you come with me?" James interrupted you and Remus. 

"I'm already going with someone." Lily sneered as she glared at James. 

"Who?" He asked, clearly outraged by her response. 

"Severus -" 

"HIM?" James nearly yelled with disgust. 

"Yes, I am going with him!" Lily fired back. "He's not an arrogant arse unlike you -" 

"At least I'm not some greasy git unlike him -" 

"He is not -"

"So Marlene," You spoke up, cutting off both James and Lily's arguing. "who are you going with?" 

"Sebastian Blinder asked me." She smiled brightly as she spoke. "I think he likes me." 

"That's brilliant." You smiled back. "What about you Mary?" You now turned your attention to the girl who was sat beside Marlene.

"Sorry (y/n) but I'm going with some of the girls from potions." She gave you a sympathy look. 

"Don't apologise, I'll just go on my own." You didn't mind going on your own. In fact, it was rather calming walking through the snow and admiring how pretty the village looked. And it was always comforting to walk through the woods as the snow continued to fall around you.

"You're going alone?" Sirius's voice cut you out of your thoughts. You looked up from your food and sent him a questioning look at his sudden concern which made him continue. "That's just sad."

"How's it sad?" You asked. 

"You'll just look lonely, most girls tend to go with the blokes they fancy -" 

"Then what are you implying?" You raised your brows at the boy. 

"Yeah Pads," Remus's tone turned cocky as he turned to the boy who was now looking rather flustered beside him. "what are you implying? You sounded very concerned when you knew that (y/n) was going alone -" 

"I'm not!" He spat back. "I couldn't care less who she goes with, why would I care?" 

"You sounded as if you cared."