8 - The man in the window

You didn't have a chance to inspect the hooded figure which could have been watching you the entire game. The entirety of Gryffindor including Sirius Black, came bolting over on the pitch swarming you all like you'd just opened a packet of sweets from Honeydukes. As if by instinct Lily came running over to you, pulling your blank expression self into a hug. 

"You did it!" She smiled brightly, Marlene and Mary joined her side yet your expression didn't mirror hers which caused her smile to fall. "(y/n) what's wrong?" 

"Did you see that?" You asked, your gaze still locked onto the hooded figure you'd once laid your eyes on. 

"See what?" Lily asked. She followed your gaze yet saw nothing. "How hard were you hit?" She asked, a slight chuckle creeping into her speech but that faded when she saw that your expression was exactly the same. "(y/n)?"

"It's nothing, it's fine." You turned to her and smiled. Lily mirrored the smile you had on your face as she turned to face the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. The Ravenclaw team were quickly trying to weave through the sea of red and gold, on their way to the rest of the Ravenclaws who were still in the crowd.

"You played well." The Ravenclaw captain patted your back as she left the pitch. The Ravenclaw team was always kind to everyone they played against. They were a hard team down to their tactics but even after their losses they always complimented their opposition. 

"PARTY IN THE COMMON ROOM!" Sirius screamed at the top of his lungs. 

"Bloody hell they're acting like we've won the house cup." Marlene huffed, pushing her hair out of her face. "Knowing us we'll get another noise complaint." 

"Well, you can blame James and his feral wolf pack for that." You replied. 

"They aren't that bad," Lily answered as you and the girls started to make your way back to the castle. "They just get excited about Quidditch!" 

"So do I Lily but I don't scream so loud that even Snape can hear me over his journaling." 

"Do you think he journals?" 

"He definitely rats us out!" Marlene let out a giggle as she looped her arm with yours.

"He does not!" Lily snapped. 

"He does!"

You gave Lily a sympathetic look. You knew that she had done everything in her power to make Snape happy and to be as good of a friend as possible to him but there were times when the two of them clashed and that mainly happened when Severus tried to tell Lily about how much he didn't like James Potter. To be honest you knew why he didn't. The boys would bully and pester him at any chance they got and you knew that if they weren't careful one day it would come back to haunt them. "I know the two of you are good friends Lily but he definitely does everything in his power to make sure we never have any fun in the common room." 

"He's actually very kind -" 

"I'm not doubting that." You hit back, a smirk on your face now. "But perhaps you should work out why he's so obsessed with landing Gryffindor in hot water. 

"Because of James -"

"Because he fancies you!" Marlene laughed. "Oh imagine it! Lily Snape!" 

"SHH!" Lily whisper yelled, hitting her arm. 

"Oh come on Lils he can't hear you."

"It's not him I'm worried about!"

"Oh, Godric forbid James Potter finds out!" 

"Well if Severus isn't careful James will probably more than likely levitate him into a tree or drown him in the lake." You smiled as you all reached the changing rooms for the Gryffindor Quidditch team.