7 - Quidditch

You had managed to take the dog to the safety of the Gryffindor common room without anyone spotting you or the werewolf coming back. You'd never seen a werewolf on the grounds before and you were certain that if one lived in Hogwarts you'd know about it. Especially because of how close you were with Hagrid, he was sure to of let it slip by now but he'd never muttered a word of it to you. Even with how long you spent in the woods on a day to day basis you had never even come across the slightest hint of a werewolf.

You laid the dog on the sofa, putting down a range of blankets and pillows to cushion him and to stop his blood from seeping into the sofa for the entirety of the Gryffindor students to see. Your wound wasn't near enough as bad as his, yours would heal overnight. The dog was whining, yelping in pain which didn't help your case. Godric forbids someone was to walk down the stairs and see the scene before them. How you'd explain this to McGonagall you'd never know.

"Shh boy, it's okay." You attempted to soothe him but his whines only grew. Pulling out your wand you made sure he was laying flat out before hovering your wand across his body before muttering a spell. "Vulnera Sanentur ..." The words fell from your lips like prayer as the power of the spell began to heal the dog almost entirely. It wasn't long before the blood started to dry up on his fur and his cries of pain turned to thankful ones. 

The strings of fur that were coated in blood began to dry which meant his silky black fur would turn matted. You muttered a simple cleaning spell that cleaned and conditioned his fur leaving what seemed to be a large beaming smile on his face at your work. Reaching up you began to scratch behind his ears making him let out a satisfied huff before you spoke to him. 

"You saved me, how did you know I was there?" You questioned. "You weren't chasing that thing were you?" 

The dog let out a small yap, clearly not trying to let on a lot of his actions. He gazed up into your eyes as you sat beside him still running your fingers through his hair, smiling down at him.

"You know, you really shouldn't be roaming around in the woods, especially now I know there are werewolves out there.

He let out a grunt like he was telling you to do the same which you just laughed at. The pair of you let out a yawn which made you smile. "Tired?" You asked. The dog moved over from the sofa allowing you to lay down on it which you happily complied whilst the dog then moved to rest his head on your chest and cuddle into your side. He let out a huff and one last yawn before he drifted off whilst you soothed his fur down, calming him from the hectic night the two of you had been through.

Sirius was conflicted as his dog self laid on you as you drifted to sleep. He couldn't exactly confront you about why you were in the woods, you'd surely guess he was the dog or even worse, the werewolf. He was beyond pissed off that you'd left the castle when you promised not to. Perhaps he'd sneak it into a conversation and see if he could get you to crack and tell him why you really left without you catching on to his secret. Yet part of him was thankful you came. You helped him send Remus scurrying off back to the shrieking shack which would have helped James keep him under control. You'd also patched up his wounds and helped clean them up. He'd sustained several before running after Remus and if you hadn't turned up he could have ended up with more which aren't the easiest to heal or cover up on your own. 

He also knew James, Peter and Remus would be stumbling through the door the moment which for Sirius, wasn't long now. In fact, whilst he was going through his thoughts the door swung open and there stumbling through were James and Peter, holding an exhausted Remus. James was about to set Remus down on the sofa when he came across the sight of Sirius curled up with you, fast asleep on the sofa. The sight even brought a smile to a worn-out Remus.