21 - The Marauders

The pair of you were looking into one another's eyes for what felt like years. You could get lost in them, his eyes were like deep forests scattered with rain and life. You could have sworn that in his forest eyes you saw what looked to be a black wolf run through the rain, howling once he reached the peak of the woods. His eyes were like another world, it felt like an escape, it felt like something you had never felt before. That moment was broken when James made sure the pair of you knew that he was there. He signalled a light cough as a friendly reminder making the pair of you jump apart. Your head fell but a smile was pressed onto your lips as you stepped back.

"Sorry to ruin that moment but I might be bleeding out." James ruffled up his hair, a cheeky grin on his face as he looked between you and his best friend.

"There wasn't a moment to ruin." You hit back. Your words pained Sirius slightly but part of him knew you were lying to James. "Sirius you need to be dealt with too." You gestured to his chest where the wound was obviously laying.

"Yes nurse." He smiled and walked over to you James. Instead of sitting on one of the toilets he sat on the floor, his breath still heavy like he'd run a million miles. He looked up at James with a smile. "Nice to see you're still alive, where's Peter?"

"You aren't getting rid of me that easily." James mirrored the smile, holding his hand out so he and Sirius could do a little handshake they had created with one another many moons ago. "(Y/n) sent him to get cleaning supplies for our wounds, he should be back any second now."

"Great, so he's fine?"

"Pretty much, went down without a fight." James let out a huff of annoyance.

"Sounds like him." Sirius began to remove his shirt for you to look at the damage Remus had inflicted. "What happened?"

"He didn't take all of it." Slouching back James began to tell the story. "He was told to take al of it but he didn't, he was scared to waste it thinking (y/n) wouldn't be able to brew more and he'd have to savour it for his sanity."

"Does he not trust her?" Sirius seemed almost offended at James' words.

"He does trust her, more than us at times I think."

"He's been on edge for the past few weeks." You joined in. "I think it was these exams plus not to mention the full moon was coming up, it must have made him nervous. It's no ones fault. Godric knows he's going to feel awful in the morning."

"Speaking of Remus," James joined back in. "Where is he?"

"Yeah Sirius what did you do with him?" You asked. "And what about Regulus?"

"Oh don't tell me you've got sympathy for that prick -"

"No Sirius I have sympathy for Remus, I don't want him waking up and finding out that he's killed someone."

"He ran off. He stunned him for a second before stunning me which is how I ended up like this." He gestured to his body. "I put a sleeping incantation onto him, he's asleep in the shack. We'll go there when the sun rises. He should be okay for tonight. The spell won't las long but we haven't got long until the sun rises again have we?"

"Smart thinking Pads." James replied, giving his friend a small smile.

"I'm not just a pretty face."

"No you are a twat at times."

"OI!" He snapped. "You could have been killed back there, I saved your life."

"I could have handled it but for what you did, I'm thankful." You ran your hand through his hair. "Thank you." He took your hand from his hair and took it into his own and placed a kiss on the top.