9 - Hogsmeade

The next morning the dog wasn't by your side but the fur now covering your belongings indicating that he was in fact there with you last night. A smile crept along your face at the thought that he was protecting you last night after what happened. That thought alone reminded you to thank Sirius for what had happened. You may hate the guy but if he wasn't there who knows what would have happened. Last night he was your hero. 

Taking a deep breath you pushed yourself up out of bed and began to get ready for the day. You threw your robes on and started to put yourself together. Sirius and you were to meet McGonagall in her office after breakfast to give her your side of the story and to see if she had any more information about who the man was. 

"You're up early." Marlene's sleepy voice pulled you away from the thoughts about Sirius. You spun around to see the girl looking at you as she rubbed the sleep from her right eye, a small smile playing on her lips. "How did you sleep?" 

"I was okay in the end, I had company -" 

"The dog?" 

"Yep." 

"How does he keep getting in?" 

"Your guess is as good as mine." You smiled as you started to tie your tie. "He can't be a professors surely?" 

"I've never heard anything of the sort." She replied, sitting up trying to come to terms with how early it was. "No one ever mentioned anything." She shrugged. "Not even the care of magical creatures teachers." 

"Maybe he's just a stray." You replied, styling your hair as she spoke after finishing your tie. 

"Doing your hair for Sirius are we?" She arched her brow, smiling as she did so.

"No actually, practicing for when Hogsmeade comes around." 

"Oh Godric that's in a few weeks isn't it?" 

"Two weeks." You hit back. 

"Then we leave for Christmas." 

"Why are you two talking about Christmas?" Lily had now woken up from all the talking. Her ginger hair looking like a bird's nest as she adjusted to the light in the room. 

"Because Christmas is coming up fast Evans." You smirked.

"Oh god, James better not get me a gift." He groaned. 

"And if he does?" Marlene asked. 

"Godric save me." She fell back on the bed with a huff which only caused both you and Marlene to laugh. 

"So (y/n), speaking of Hogsmeade ..." Marlene sparked up the conversation, eyeing you up. "Who are you going with?"

"Regulus Black." You answered confidently. 

"So you confirmed it with him? You know after Sirius threw a temper tantrum." 

"I don't care what Sirius thinks, he's not exactly nice to me -" 

"Apart from saving your life yesterday." 

"He didn't save my life!" You nearly yelled. 

"(y/n)," Lily groaned. "It's too early for yelling." 

"He kinda did." Marlene continued, ignoring Lily's plea.

"You don't know that!" 

"And nor do you." She smirked. Marlene's expression causing you to roll your eyes. 

"Well before you start telling me how much of a hero he is I need to go meet him." 

"Good luck!" Marlene called down as you left the room.