27 - The Hogwarts Games

Regulus stood there with a smirk on his lips. His eyes trailed over you, not even bothering to take in the appearance or even acknowledge his brother. The last time you had seen him was when you'd had an incident with him before the train left on the last day of term. He looked different since you last saw him, much much different. His hair was longer now, it looked as if he hadn't cut it in a while. He had dark circles under his eyes and his skin almost looked translucent due to how pale he looked. He looked as if he hadn't slept in weeks, months maybe. And now you were thinking about him, you couldn't recall seeing him at the beginning of the year dinner. 

"Regulus are you -" You let out a whisper but he cut you off. 

"Am I what?" He hissed, stepping forward. "Am I okay? Well, I'm glad you care." He almost looked hurt at his own words as he spoke. "Why are you in here?" He pulled himself together, setting his emotions to the side. 

"Could ask you the same thing." Sirius placed his hand on your hip, guiding you to the side and out of the way so he could stand in front of you. "Why are you in here brother?"

"I'm not your brother!" Regulus raised his voice slightly. 

"You are." Sirius' tone now turned dark. "Whether you like it or not we are bound by blood." 

"Blood?" Regulus rolled his eyes. "You betrayed us, you betrayed the whole family. Mum's already burnt your face on the family tree, you're no son to her which means you're no brother of mine."

"Didn't realise you came here to have a family reunion." You spoke up from behind Sirius' tall frame. 

"I actually came in here to find a book." Regulus turned his attention to you. 

"Well, that's good considering we're in a library." 

"You know one day (y/n) that mouth of yours is going to sass the wrong person -" 

"Leave her be Reg-" Sirius warned.

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt your precious little girlfriend." As Regulus spoke a dark expression. "Although ..." He inched closer to Sirius so he could speak at just a whisper. "Just remember I've kissed her and had my hands all over her -" He was cut off by Sirius lunging forward grabbing the collar of his shirt and shoving him into one of the nearby bookcases. Regulus only laughed at his actions. "Did that annoy you, Sirius?"

"Shut up." He snapped, his eyes flooded with rage.

"Do you like her?" Regulus taunted. "Oh, you do..." A smile smirked on his face. "You won't be able to protect her forever you know. This war that's brewing... people will die... and you can't always be around her..." Regulus whispered his last sentence so you didn't hear but you didn't need to hear his words for you to guess how they inflicted Sirius. Raising his fist Sirius didn't hesitate, his fist collided with his brother's face. 

Sirius let go of him as he hit him, allowing Regulus to fall to the floor in pain. "Nice hit." You spoke, looking at Regulus who was clutching his face in pain. 

"Thank you." Sirius turned his head and gave you a small smile. "I've been practising." 

"Why?" You mirrored his smile. "So your own brother doesn't beat you up like last time?"

"Hey I was being held back plus there were multiple guys." 

"You still got beaten up." You carried on. 

"You hit better than you used to." Regulus groaned as he slowly sat up. "Dad might be proud of you if he knew you could do that." He gave the pair of you a deathly smile before pulling out his wand. "But I'm still better at -"