12 - The Room

You and Sirius couldn't keep your eyes off one another during dinner. Everyone on the Gryffindor table kept glancing towards you both, small whispers spoke as you ate. No one in your group of friends dared to talk, scared they'd say something and annoy you both. You just kept your mouth shut, trying to eat but the anxiety was flooding your body, something Sirius picked up on almost immediately. 

"Don't worry about it, darling." He leaned over the table and whispered to you. "We'll be okay." He smiled. 

Normally you would tell him to piss off but at this point, you weren't in the mood. You just wanted to know what was going on. At least you had Sirius by your side, no matter how much you hated him, at least you weren't alone.

"So," James started to speak as he ran a hand through his hair. "What is that all about?" You were about to speak but Sirius snapped at him first. 

"Does it look like we bloody know?" Sirius, now sending him a glare, nearly yelled. 

"Alright! Alright!" James held his hands up in defense. "God Pads I only asked!"

"Maybe the two of them were caught shagging -" Mary started to giggle, her words causing you to choke on your food. "I mean just look at them, they've got tension!"

"Shut up!" You coughed out, Sirius sending you a smirk as he began to talk. 

"That's not the only thing you'll be choking on -" His smirk grew as your eyes widened at him. 

"I knew it!" Mary screeched, pointing to the both of you. 

Sirius looked back down at his food before taking one last glance at you, his smirk still plastered on his face like it was permanent. Furrowing your brows at his actions you kicked him from under the table. "Why would you say that?" Your voice was at a whisper, seething at him. 

"Why not?" He now looked back up at you. 

"Why not?" You asked in disbelief. "Why do you think you prat? People will get the wrong idea -"

"You mean my brother is going to get the wrong idea." Sirius hit back. "Is the great (y/n) (y/l/n) scared that Regulus Black won't like her if he sees her necking on with his brother?" 

"I couldn't care less about what your brother thinks and I would never neck on with you." Your words were harsh but they never made him wince, not even for a second. 

"We'll see." He winked with his smug attitude still on display. 

"Why does Dumbledore want you both to bring your bags?" Lily, noticing the tension that was so thick even your wands could slice through it. "Does that mean the two of you won't be coming back to the common room with the rest of us?"

"We're just as in the dark as you are." You replied, trying your best to eat despite the uneasy feeling growing in your stomach. "I feel sick." 

"(y/n)," Lupin spoke, grabbing your attention. "Everything will be okay. I promise you that and whatever happens, even though he can be a dick -"

"Oi!" Sirius yelled, interrupting Lupin's words. 

"He will look after you wherever the two of you may end up and if he doesn't," He now turned to face Sirius. "Well ... he'll know the consequences." 

"And what may that be Moony?" Sirius mocked. 

"Don't act like such a dog Pads." Remus winked whereas Sirius's face drained of all colour and emotion. He knew exactly what Remus had meant but everyone else on the table just seemed to stare blankly at one another. "Or you'll know what the consequences will be." Remus finished.