26 - Research

The walk up the stairs seemed to take forever. Part of you was calm about what was about to happen as Mary and Marlene had spoken to you, clearly they didn't have an issue with you but Lily evidently wasn't which made you anxious. Your bags had already been taken to your room so you didn't have to worry about that so when you opened the door to your floor and saw your belongings by your bed it made you smile. It was a simple sight but the sight made you smile after spending all your time in that room with Sirius. Although things were far from normal for you everything in that moment felt normal, it really was the simple things in life that would always make you smile.

As you stepped into the room, making you presence known with a few squeaks of the floorboards. Mary was the first to turn around. Her bright eyes grew even brighter when they landed on you. A smile crept onto her face, happiness immediately showing all over her.

"(Y/n)!" She announced, striding over to you, pulling you close to her for a hug. You were taken off guard first as she ran towards you so fast but you quickly relaxed, laughing at her as you hugged her back. "You're back!"

"For now." You smiled as the pair of you pulled apart.

"How are you?" Marlene's voice joined the conversation, she was standing behind Mary but that quickly changed when she came over to you and engulfed you in a hug.

"I'm fine." You smiled at the pair of them. "On edge but I'm fine."

"Have you seen him since?" Mary asked. "You know, the mystery man?"

"No." You lied. "He seems to have just run off and left me be for now."

"Maybe Sirius did scare him off." Marlene laughed.

"How are you all?" You asked, looking between the girls.

"Well Lily has been a little on edge, her sister has been getting on her nerves again, she wanted to confine in you but everything happened with that bloke and we hardly saw you. The most we saw you was when the incident with Snape occurred." Marlene gave you a small smile. "I think she just missed you."

"Yeah, she always wants to talk to you but you weren't here." Mary continued.

"I'm sorry but Sirius and I weren't allowed to be around many students, I wasn't even allowed to play Quidditch. At one point we weren't even allowed breaks at times!"

"Sounds like hell." The familiar voice of Lily caught your attention. Everyone snapped their heads around to look at her, she was standing behind the girls with her arms folded. "It was also hell not being able to see you."

"Look I'm sorry." You pressed on. "I know I should have spoken to you I know, things just get in the way at times, life got in the way Lily. I was fearing for my life surrounded by a prat I hated. Sirius was the only one I was truly allowed to contact, even James, Remus and Peter were a stretch at times. Now I can be myself in my own dorm which by the way sharing with Sirius Black should be made a crime." Your words made her smile slightly before you continued. "Things can finally go back to normal well, as normal as they can be."

The pair of you looked at one another for some time, the girls looking between you both, waiting for one of you to make the first move. Eventually Lily broke out into a smile followed by a little laugh. "I can't stay mad at you for very long." She spoke.

"I find that hard to believe." You cracked a smile before Lily ran over and pulled you into a hug. "You would happily stay mad at me for a lifetime."

"Never, besides I should apologise to you." She said pulling back to smile at you.

"Bloody hell that's a first." Mary joked earning a glare from Lily before her expression turned soft again when she met your gaze.

"I'm sorry for everything, I may have overreacted ever so slightly and I need to thank you."