24 - Theodore Wing

The man that stood before you was the man that had killed your mother. He looked weak, not like how you had remembered him at the Ministry when he was being taken to a holding cell. It looked as if he could just about stand, he was leaning on your kitchen counter, his breathing heavy but he was evidently trying to conceal it. He'd always been on the run since he'd killed your mother. He never even made it to Azkaban before he slipped through the Ministry's hand like a cloud of smoke. There was a few odd reports from Wizards who lived more rurally than others that he'd been seen hiding in barns and running across the Moore's late at night yet no one could ever seem to grab him in their clutches. Part of you even doubted that he was even alive anymore, more like a ghost than a murderer but you knew that not to be true anymore.

"Hello (y/n)." He gave you a faint wicked smile through his yellow teeth. "Nice to see you again, look at how much you've grown up!" It felt like he was mocking you with every word.

"I'm going to kill you!" You screamed at the top of your lungs, withdrawing your wand and taking a few steps to be closer to him so you could point it directly at him.

"You wouldn't have the strength."

"Oh yeah?" Your anger grew. "Try me."

"If she won't I will!" James yelled.

"I'm sorry but who is he?" Sirius whispered to the two of you but the man before you heard his every word.

"Oh cheers Sirius." You huffed giving him a side glare.

"I'm the man that got away with murder." He smiled.

"He killed my mother Sirius."

"Oh..." Sirius gave James a look of worry, evidently knowing the three of you were in danger and he would be in greater danger for forgetting who this man was.

"His name is Theodore Wing." You kept your eyes fixed on the man before you. "And I could kill you but I'd rather let the dementors deal with you." At the mention of dementors his eyes flashed with fear. Everyone knew how ruthless and dangerous a dementor was. They were pure evil inside and out if you gave them a reason to be. You just hoped none of your friends would ever have to encounter one of them.

"I came to deliver you a message." He spoke.

"I hope that it's about your sentence in Azkaban."

"I'm never going there." He hit back which only annoyed you even more, you took a step closer, your wand to close to his neck.

"We'll see."

"Watch where you point that thing." He huffed, as if he had any right to complain. "I came to warn you."

"Warn me? About what?"

"Your father has been stepping on a few toes at the Ministry, looking at his blood status it puts him in danger against those in the Ministry who want to advance the way we live."

"You mean destroy the way we live?" James hit back.

"We all have our opinions Potter."

"A difference of opinion is not liking the same film not deciding if a group of wizards deserve to die because of their blood status." You raised your brows at him as you spoke.

"Look I'm not here to debate our views in the wizard world, there's a plot -"

"A plot?" Sirius repeated. "A plot against who?"

"If you'd let me finish you might find out." Theo gave Sirius and disgusted look. "As I was saying, there's those in the Ministry who go against your father and it's not just him they're going against. They know he has a child and they know you go to Hogwarts. Something big is happening at Hogwarts this year and if I were you I'd stay away from it. Don't get involved with it."