14 - Wolfsbane

The long horrific night had finally come to an end. Much to Sirius's dismay, Remus agreed that you should be allowed to join them in helping him with his furry little problem which is what James had decided to call it. You'd quickly learned the ropes of their friendship group and things were going well by the looks of it. James had shown you the map they'd made. It showed you everyone and what they were doing of every minute of every day. It was brilliant in fact you were honestly surprised Sirius Black was able to ever conjure up that sort of magic. If anyone was to find the map you'd all be dead well, the boys more than you as they'd decided to put their nicknames on the map itself.

You were now in the library with the boys. As there had been no incident between you, Sirius, and the mystery man the two of you were granted some leeway when it came to your freedom. This meant you were able to attend quidditch practice and games which pleased James immensely. Despite you now being able to spend time away from Sirius you seemed to be spending more time with him.

Slamming a book on the table making all four boys jump in their seats as you sat down and opened the book. "I've been doing some research on werewolves -"

"You don't say ..." Sirius replied, gesturing to the book before him but his words only earned him a glare from you.

"Have you ever tried a potion?" You asked.

"A potion?

"Is there an echo in here?" You spat at Sirius, your glare still fixed on his face. "Like I was saying have the four of you ever tried anything like that?" 

"No," Remus replied. He looked awful, to say the least. His eyes were bloodshot and his hair was clinging onto his face due to the sweat he'd worked up. You noticed his hands wouldn't stop shaking either, it was evident that he was nervous. When he'd found out that you knew he broke down into tears, he was so afraid you'd hate him and think of him as a monster but that wasn't the case at all. "Is there even a potion?" 

"Wolfsbane potion." You replied. "However, it's extremely difficult to make. If I mess up it could cause dire effects onto you Remus." 

"What does it do?" He asked, clearly not phased by your words.

"Well ..." You looked back down at the book before answering. "It won't stop your transformation but it can ease it, what I mean is that you'll be more in control of what you do, you'll be able to cling onto a part of yourself. If we brew this it could mean we just end up taking you to the shack and you could sleep all night. The rest of us can keep on guard in case anything happens." 

"What would we need to make it?" James asked as he ruffled his hair up. 

"Aconite is the main ingredient. Luckily it's found in wild places in Scotland, its stem is green and is covered in purple flowers however it's poisonous so we'll need to be careful. If we can't find it on the grounds then herbology is our best bet. I'm sure there's some there." You looked between them all before continuing. "All the other ingredients I can easily get." 

"Then let's do it." Remus looked up at you, a small smile playing on his lips." 

"Remus, if we get it wrong -" 

"I know you won't." He replied. "This lot might mess it up but I know you won't."

"You trust me?" 

"Even in death, I trust you (y/n)." 

"Oh, how sweet." Sirius rolled his eyes and slumped back in his seat. "So where do we start?" 

"As I mentioned we could find Aconite in the grounds or in herbology -" 

"Great!" James smacked the table and jumped up. "Shall we go and get it now?" He looked between you all.