Sorry I'm Late

I walked back inside and the girls began to ask who it was.

"It was just a neighbor. Nothing to worry about."

"Is it a hot neighbor?" Pen laughed

"No Penny he is not!"

"Ah, so it's a he!" Emily said laughing.

I threw pillows at both of them and then grabbed my glass of wine.

__________

It was the next morning, well afternoon, the girls and I went a little too hard last night. I got up and whipped together a quick meal. It was 12:30 and if I wanted to get ready for my meeting with Aaron I needed to get the girls out fast. I didn't want them knowing about any of this! Not yet.

"Hey ladies! I got brunch ready!"

"Lena you great miracle of a goddess! Please tell me you have Tylenol!"

"Does a cow moo, JJ?" I chuckled.

We all sat down and ate. Emily tried asking me about my behavior from the other morning in the hotel.

"Oh, Em it was nothing! I was just feeling needy and it turns out I got my period the next day!" I reassured her nothing was wrong.

"Okay, I'll leave it be. We're here if you need us, love." She smiled

"I know Em. Now I love you guys, but it's time to kick you out!"

"Oh? Look who's Ms.Popular all of the sudden." JJ teased.

"I have a consultation! Now get out!" I laughed.
_________

They finally left and I rushed upstairs. I needed to shower and get ready. Once I got out of the shower I blow-dried my hair and applied some simple makeup. Then I went into my closet and put one of my white camisoles tucked into my blue jeans, then I put on my beige heels and black trench coat. I was ready to go and face the music. I looked at the clock and my eyes went wide, it was already three! The cafe was twenty minutes away! I rushed out the door, for some reason I felt like I was going to be in trouble. Hmm, maybe it's because he's your boss Le!

I walked into the cafe and scanned the room for Aaron. I was able to see the back of his head and I collected myself.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," I said as I sat down.

"Let me guess, you ladies turned on a movie, didn't pay any attention to it, and drank into the early hours of the morning?" He guessed correctly.

"Yeah, you caught me red-handed, but that's not why we're here. You're ready to talk, so talk."

"Lena, I am sorry. I shouldn't have spoken to you that way. I got jealous... I got mad. I know Derek is one of your best friends and that you don't belong to anyone. I had no right to speak to you that way."

"I appreciate that I really do. I accept your apology, but Aaron...why? Why did you leave right after that night? I felt so used!"

"I'm sorry about that too. I needed to clear my head and think. I was scared. I thought about everything. Was this just a one night stand? Was this going to be a casual thing? Or was this the beginning of a romantic relationship? I never meant for you to feel used, I'm sorry Lena."

I left out a soft sigh, "What did you come up with then? Did you get your answers? Because I know what I want Aaron."

He loved when I said his name, his eyes got a shade darker.

"I do too, now. I want you, Lena. I want to hold you and be yours. I want you to be mine." He smiled and grabbed my hand.

At this point, my heart was beating at the speed of light. If you told me this was going to happen nine months ago I would've laughed my ass off.