New York State of Mind

*I'll let you know when to play this, but honestly I played it on loop haha!*-CH

-------------------------

We were back on the jet heading home. I was able to dodge most of the boyfriend questions throughout the case, but Emily and Penelope weren't easing up. I was starting to get upset and Hotch could tell.

"Come on Lena! Just tell us about him! What's his name, where did you meet?" Emily questioned again.

"Oh, my precious peach! Why didn't I think of this? All I have to do is press a few buttons and then bibidi-bobidi-boo, we'll have our guy!" Penelope laughs over the phone.

I was ready to go off. I wanted my privacy. I wanted Aaron and me to be in our bubble for a little while longer. Aaron looked over at me as soon as he heard Garcia over the phone, he wanted to help, but he couldn't.

"Penelope Garcia, if you dare to even pretend to do that to me, you can kiss all of our scheduled lady's nights and shopping dates goodbye! And I don't think you want to find out if I'm bluffing or not! Emily, sweet Emily. I am obviously not ready to talk about it. I'm still testing the waters with this guy, okay? Once I feel like it's necessary, you guys will get all of the details. Until then, shut up!" I huffed, went to the back of the jet, and shut the door.

Penelope cleared her throat and ended the call. Emily was left with her mouth wide open. Rossi laughed, he liked my feisty side. Derek and Reid looked at Hotch.

"Hey Hotch, go check up on sassy, will ya?" Derek asked him

"Why would I do that? Isn't that your job?" He questioned Morgan.

"Normally yes, but I have a bet on this stupid chess game with Reid." Derek was adamant.

"Alright, if you'll excuse me." He stands up and heads toward the back.

I was pacing in the room, I was still so angry. I don't know why I was blowing it out of proportion. I just wanted them off my back they were annoying, and wouldn't respect my privacy.

There was a knock on the door, "Evergreen, it's Hotchner. Can I come in?"

My heartbeat calmed down, "Yes, sir."

As soon as he closed the door I kissed him. He was my happy drug, the moment I was in his arms I felt calm.

"Are you okay baby?" Aaron looked down at me with concern.

"I am now, sorry I got so upset. I just want some privacy, you know?" I pecked his cheek.

"Yeah, I do, but don't be sorry. I found it very and I mean very hot." He said kissing me in between every other word.

"Mmm, I can't wait to go away with you. I guess we better head back out there." I said whining.

He nodded and we went back to the team. Aaron was as stoic as ever and I had a slight smile on my face. Emily looked at me with an apologetic face and I gave her a nod and a small smile. I can never really stay mad at her anyway.

__________

It was Friday night and I was so happy! We had not been called on a case, which, meant that Aaron and I would be flying into New York in a few hours. I had to wrap up a report I was working on and then I could go. We had pre-packed just in case anything were to keep us late. I said goodnight to the team and left the office. Aaron was going to pick me up from my house and we'd go to the airport from there.

I picked up Noah's birthday presents and went outside. Aaron got out of the SUV and opened my car door, giving me a quick kiss as I hopped in. We were both a little nervous, we would be telling my Aunt Olivia about our relationship. I was pretty sure it would be fine, but that's who I am. I'm a worrier! Aaron of course was worried about how she would view his professionalism and the age gap.