Epilogue

Years Later...

"Jack! Ryan! You two better be packing up there!" Lena shouts up the stairs, hearing the boys mess around.

"Honey, they're having fun, let them be. Maybe we can have our own fun?" Aaron walks up behind Lena and kisses under her ear.

Lena lightly slaps his chest, "Aaron Hotchner! You better be packing too! I've had enough of witness protection and we were finally given the go-ahead to move back home. Now unless you want to keep working at our mom-and-pop shop, start packing!" 

"They'll make a big fuss when we get home though," Aaron rolls his eyes.

"I should hope so! Jack is almost fourteen and Ryan is going to be in first grade before we know it! Please, help me pack... then maybe tonight you'll get lucky," Lena giggles.

A year and a half after losing Amelia the team had been called away on a case, as usual. The team visited one of the crime scenes and noticed that the unsub left behind a baby boy. Lena and the team took the baby back with them to the station, they waited for Garcia to give them the family details for the baby boy. However, they found out that the baby had no immediate family or guardians. They still had a case to complete but they also had a baby to take care of. As soon as Lena held him she was done for and when Aaron had to hold him, well he admittedly was done for as well. The couple followed in Olivia's footsteps and adopted the six month old. It was not a decision they made lightly, especially after losing Ameilia. However, once their decision was made their family of three had finally become a happy family of four.

A few months after adopting their baby boy, Lena had another run in with an ex-member of the Lombardi clan. Aaron was fed up and Lena was scared, they, along with the new director of the FBI decided it would be best if they went into the witness protection program. They had to leave without a word and were relocated to Seattle, Washington. They hoped the director would inform the team as to why they disappeared. It was hard for Lena, she couldn't even tell Liv but it was for the best. The couple worked at a small mom and pop law firm and they all had to change their names, Jack hated it at first but once he understood that it was to keep them safe he didn't mind.

"I will be somewhat happy to see Dave and Penelope again." Aaron scratched at the nape of his neck.

"See! So start packing," Lena smiled.

"Mom! Ryan won't leave me alone!" Jack yelled from his room.

"Ugh!" Lena groaned in frustration.

"He's your son," Aaron chuckled.

Lena turned on her heel and pointed at Aaron, "Just for that, you can go take care of that."

"Boys! Do I need to come up there?" Aaron shouted.

"No, Dad," Jack groans.

"No, Daddy!" Ryan giggles.

"Problem solved..." Aaron kisses Lena's lips softly.

"Dad's have it easy," Lena rolls her eyes.

"I love you," He laughs.

"I love you too," she giggles

Aaron asks, being aware of the touchy subject, "A-are you sure you want to go into work tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'll need the distraction," Lena gave Aaron a small smile.

"Okay, honey. Where should I start packing?" Aaron claps his hands together.

"The kitchen please, I've been working on the study and Ryan's room." Lena hugs him tight, loving the smell of his cologne.