3

Irene POV

A few weeks have already passed and I have gotten used to this new schedule. Going to school,  then going to practice. One thing that I do need to do, is get a job.

I started to go job searching and found a job that kind of suits me. I decided to apply for a coffee shop. I don't really like coffee, but I do know that my friends do so maybe I can help them with that. 

The problem with this job is that it's right after volleyball practice, so I will have to figure that out, but it shouldn't be that too big of a problem. 

I've also gotten used to having Seulgi around with me. I thought it would be weird because it's always been Moonbyul, Yongsun, and me. 

I shouldn't be surprised that we added onto the group once again. It only used to be me and Yongsun ever since we transferred. I should know that we will eventually leave the past behind and I think that Yongsun already did leave the past behind, but I can't.

I slowly close my eyes and feel myself going to sleep.

Seulgi POV

I went to the grocery store to buy some food and went back home. I took a deep breath before opening the door because who knows what I would find on the other side. 

I opened the door and saw my mom there looking at me.

"WHERE THE F*CK HAVE YOU BEEN?!" My mom walks up to me and she smells of alcohol. This is why I took a deep breath. It's either she's drunk and awake or drunk and asleep. Before I could say something, she smacked my cheek. 

I didn't cry or do anything. I was too used to this by now. I looked at her and said nothing.

"WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!" She pushed me on the ground and started punching and kicking me. All I could do was block like a boxer. Like what I was taught to do. 

At the corner of my eye, I saw her pick up a vase and I knew that was my cue to run to my room and lock it.

After closing my door and locking it, I pushed my dresser in front of the door and heard her banging. I put in my earbuds and started listening to music ignoring my mom's pounding on the door.

I don't know why I always do this, maybe because she's my mom? Maybe because she had it rough? Maybe because he's gone?

I lay down on my pillow and go to bed.

When I woke up, I didn't hear the pounding anymore. I got up, moved my dresser and put on my uniform. As I was putting on my uniform I looked at my face and my arms. They were bruised pretty badly. 

I decided to put on some makeup today and put on a jacket to cover them up and went to school. 

Once I entered the classroom, I immediately heard Solar's dolphin laugh and Moonbyul's loud voice. I looked over at the group and even saw Irene giggling which was really cute. I walked over and they all noticed and waved. 

Irene POV

I saw Seulgi coming and noticed she was wearing a jacket. It's not even that cold today. I wonder why? I looked at my other friends to see if they noticed anything and they both seemed to be oblivious. Maybe I am just overthinking? I haven't even seen Seulgi wear a jacket over her uniform.

As soon as she got closer, I noticed something weird. She had some dark spots on her face. I grew a little worried for and looked to see if the others noticed it. Once again. They were too dumb to realize.

Seulgi noticed me staring.

"What's wrong?" She asked she looked very confused. Which confused me more. I could tell that she was wearing makeup and she usually didn't. I just continued to stare at her until the bell rung telling us to take our seats.