28

Seulgi POV

I wake up and I felt like I was holding something. I looked down at a cute little bunny in my arms and smiled. My smile faded when I thought about what she said to me about not being able to help me.

She already has helped me. Why can't she see that?

My mom knocks on my door and opens it. She looks at me and I just tell her to be quiet. She gives me an ok sign and closed the door again. I looked back at Irene who was in my arms still.

She moves a little and then opens her eyes.

"Good morning Baechu." I said. She just smiles.

"Morning bear." We stay in the same position for a little longer until I had to get up and get ready for my last match. 

"I have to go now. Do you want to come with me?" I asked Irene she just looked at me and nodded.

We both ate breakfast that my mom made and we went to the gym. Once we got in, Irene sat down on a bench and I went up to a punching bag. When I looked at it, I was reminded of what Eric told me about my opponent. 

I got angry and started to punch the bag hard. I kept punching until I couldn't feel my knuckles anymore and I didn't feel like stopping either. 

"Seulgi!" I stopped punching and looked at a worried Irene.

"This isn't like you. You do use force, but you use force strategically." I looked at Irene. Of course she would catch this. I sat down next to her on the bench and I just let out a sigh.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Eric's words hurt me." She leans her head on me.

"They would hurt me too if he said that to me, but we know the truth, we know he didn't bail." She was right. What other people think shouldn't matter because I know the truth. I know what really happened.

"Seulgi?"

"Yes?"

"Please don't do this, don't let your emotions control you. Let the emotions help you not control. If you feel angry, then let that anger out, but still think about how you are going to do it instead of doing it recklessly." I look at her and she stares back at me.

"Have you been through this too?"

"I went through this whenever I was in volleyball and I learned the hard way. My team didn't do well if I didn't think about my strategy. I let my emotions take over and everything we worked for went down the drain because I didn't think. I don't want you to go through that. After I felt so guilty for being so stupid, I felt like I let down my teammates as well." She may be the same age as me, but I feel like she is more mature and wise.

"I'm sorry Irene. I promise I won't let my emotions control me and my thinking." She nodded and smiled at me.

"Good. Now, get back out there and use that anger with your thinking." I nodded and smiled at her and went back to the punching bag. I stopped when I couldn't feel my knuckles and walked back to Irene.

"Already done?"

"No, I just can't feel my knuckles." I said grinning. She just let out a sigh.

"I guess that's better than continuously punching the bag in anger." I let a small laugh and hold her hand. We both go to the stadium and she goes to the stands where Solar and Moonbyul are at. She gives me a kiss of good luck and then leaves. 

My name gets called and I take a deep breath and make my way towards the ring. Once I got in, people started cheering for me and PB. I get a better look at him up close and I can see a chain around his neck. A necklace. I look for Irene in the crowd and I see her, but she isn't smiling back at me, she is looking scared.