15

Irene POV

I mentally scream after sending that text and couldn't fall asleep. I went to school looking like a mess once again and I could tell that Moonbyul and Yongsun were worried once again.

"This is your second time coming to school like this. What the hell happened to you this time?" Moonbyul asked. 

"Texting Seulgi is what happened this time." I said while yawning.

"Ah so you two are going at each other eh?" Moonbyul said smirking.

"Anyway, Irene are you going to practice after school today or are you going to visit Seulgi. I bet coach will understand if you decide to dip." Yongsun said.

"I might go see Seulgi, although I don't think I can miss work again. My boss will kill me." Yongsun and Moonbyul just nodded and we went on with school.

Once school got out, I said goodbye to my friends and headed for the hospital. 

I got into her room and immediately saw her mom sitting in a chair. She didn't look as bad as Seulgi, but she still looked pretty bad. 

I stay quiet and then walk over to Seulgi to check if she was awake. I sigh in relief and then look at her mother.

"You really are the worst mother of the year." She looked down and actually looked sad like she already knew that.

"I know I am." She didn't make eye contact with me and I just sighed. Why do I feel like the adult in the room right now.

"If you knew that you were, you should have fixed this sooner. Seulgi went through so much because of you and you did so many things to her that hurt her both physically and mentally. You don't act like a mother for her and at this point, she should consider to not even have a mother because she doesn't know what a mother's love is because you didn't show it."

 I was so mad and I just let it out on her mom. She just stayed quiet and that made me calm down a bit and made me feel guilty for giving her a lecture.

"You can still change you know. It won't be that hard. Seulgi still believes in you and I believe in you as well. Seulgi went through so much, but she still loves you and still protects you. I haven't told on you because I trusted Seulgi and she said that she would fix her own problems and fix you in a way. You are the only mother figure that she has." I let out a sigh and I go to her mother and hold one of her hands.

"I'm just asking you to become that mother role for Seulgi because she treats you like one and she deserves the special love that a mother gives to her daughter. Please be the mother that loves her and stops this addiction. I don't know what happened in the past, and I might never know, but what is in the past is in the past. Seulgi is your present and your future." 

I let go of her hand and look at my watch.

"Sorry, but I have to go. I still have work to do. See you later Mrs. Kang! I hope we can meet again as better people. I will also try hard to be the best." I walk out the door with my head held high. As soon as I get in the car though, I let out a breath that I was holding in for a while. 

Practice what you preach Bae Joohyun. I sighed and went to work

Seulgi POV

I heard the door open, but I continued to be asleep. I heard a sigh and it sounded like my mom? Why was she here? Is she going to hit me again? Is she here because she is worried?

Before I was about to look over at my mom, I heard the door open again and I felt a tiny hand on mine...Who the hell is this? I started to panic a little until I heard a sigh. A sigh of relief? Irene?