11

Seulgi POV

I walk up to Irene's house. This has now become the norm for me. It's also in my schedule now. Wake up, Go to Irene's, Go to school, Practice, Irene's workplace, and if lucky, a night stroll.

I ring the doorbell and I see Irene open it with a smile.

"Good morning." I said smiling back.

"Wow, you're really going to keep doing this? What if I wake up at 5 am?" She asked.

"I will try my best to wake up then too." She starts to laugh and I just tilt my head in confusion.

"What?"

"Nothing. You're just cute it all." My face turned red immediately and Irene finally got out of her doorway. We both walked towards school.

"So how was your sleep last night?" I felt a little awkward and I think Irene could tell.

"It was good. Why are you acting different today?" She asked me.

"I don't really know." I said. She stops and looks at me.

"How's you and your mother doing? I haven't seen anything for a while and I'm hoping that the problem is fixed." I freeze. It's true that not much has been happening for a while. Every time I get home, I find my mom sleeping on the ground or couch. I'm not complaining though. 

"It's going good. We are starting to work things out." 

"That's good to hear. I knew I could trust you." She smiles at me and I force a smile back.

I'm sorry Irene. Maybe you shouldn't trust me.

"Are you ready for the test today by the way?" My heart immediately drops. What freaking test?

"Uhh.." 

"You forgot didn't you?" She asked while sighing. I nod my head and try to give her my puppy eyes.

"Irene save me please!" She sighs and lends me her notes and I try to memorize everything before we get to school. I did not take my eyes off of the paper and Irene had to direct me around the hall at school and made sure I didn't run into anything. 

I almost walked into a wall, but my head bumped into Irene's hand thankfully.

"Pabo." To say that my heart didn't flutter would be a lie. I was supposed to be the one doing this!

We reached our classroom safely and Irene directed me towards our friends. I saw Solar look at me from the corner of my eye and Moonbyul also looking at the book.

"Hey, why you looking at that book?" I heard Irene sigh.

"I'm guessing you forgot about the test too?" Irene asked. Solar just looked at her girlfriend.

"YAH! I told you about it yesterday! Why don't you look at your damn phone?!" Moonbyul receives some hits from Solar and I just try to keep my focus on Irene's notes.

Her handwriting is very pretty too...Seulgi! Focus! Now's not the time! I slap myself again and this time I knew I did it in reality because the whole classroom looked at me wondering if I've lost it. I have lost it at this point.

I hear Moonbyul laughing at me and I could sense Irene staring at me with worried eyes, but I decided to ignore all of that and continued to study. 

The bell rang and me and Irene went to our separate seats. I was envious of Moonbyul and Solar since they were seatmates. 

The teacher went around the room and passed out the test. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I was terrified. I wasn't prepared at all and everything that I did memorize left me quickly as soon as I saw the paper in front of me.