16

Seulgi POV

I finally get out of the hospital along with my mom. We both see Irene and smile at her. She waves and runs up to me giving me quick kiss to my cheek. We both hear my mom making an awkward cough and we immediately separate.

"Hey Hyu-I mean Irene." Irene just sends me a glare and my mom just looks at us like we are crazy. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked Irene.

"I came to check up on the both of." She smiles and then looks at my mom who smiles back at her. My mom walks up and pulls Irene into a hug. Irene is shocked for a second, but then returns the hug.

"Thank you so much Irene. You have done a lot for this family." I just smile at Irene and nod.

"I'm glad I can help." Irene just smiles back at us. My mom decides to leave with her car and lets me ride with Irene.

"So how is the relationship with your mom going now?"

"It's going great because of you. You know, that speech was really something." I see her face glow red and I laugh at how cute she was.

"Y-you were awake that whole time?!" I just laughed.

"Yes I was Hyunnie!" 

"B-but I checked if you were asleep or not." I can see a tiny pout and I just chuckle a bit.

"If I was awake, what would you have done."

"I-I don't really know. Maybe pull your mom out of the room to talk to her." 

"Well, I'm glad it worked out this way because it gave me closure on whether you're a good person or not."

"Well, am I good or not?"

"You're the best!" I said while giving her a thumbs up. She just laughed.

"Oh right, you missed a lot of school. Do you need some help with it? I can tutor you."

"Are you sure? Aren't you a little busy?"

"I'll make time for my Seulbear." I blush a little. I'm still getting used to this nickname thing that couples do.

"I'll let you tutor me on one condition." I said firmly. She just nodded.

"You have to take care of yourself as well. I don't want to put more pressure on you." She just nodded.

"I'll tutor you on one condition as well."

"Name it!" I said confidently.

"You have to come to my last volleyball game of the year." I just stare her in disbelief.

"Did you really think that I wouldn't go to your big game?!" She just laughed.

"No, I knew you would come, but this means I can tutor you." Wow Bae Joohyun you really are something.

Irene dropped me off at my house and then went to hers to get her stuff.

I walked in and I saw my mom sleeping on the couch and I got worried. I walked closer to her and sighed in relief. It looks like she just fell asleep on the couch and nothing more. I looked in the refrigerator and my eyes widened when I saw that there was no more alcohol and beer in it.

I went back to my mom and shook her awake.

"Hi sweetie. Welcome back. Did you have fun with Irene?" She winked at me and I was still embarrassed by the "sweetie" part.

"Hey mom, Irene is going to come over and tutor me and help me with school." My mom let out an "oooo".

"You're soon to be girlfriend kissed you on the cheek.. mind telling me what that's about?" I let out a laugh.