• Ch.Twelve - Dresses •

"I really don't know", I say, thinking hard about Ella's words.

"It's just the VMAs. I'd be beside you the entire night! And we don't have to go to the party afterwards if you don't want to"

"But people are going to wonder what the heck I'm doing there. Oh, there's Taylor, the insane girl. Where has she been?"

"Then you'll have to act extra sassy that night", Ella smirks.

"I could", I blush, giggling, "There's going to be a lot of people there... Thousands"

"And I'll he holding your hand ever minute. Come on, Tay. Ed said this would be fun for you"

That's done it. If Ed thinks this would be a good thing...

"Fine", I surrender. Ella squeals excitedly and then kisses me tenderly, pushing me back onto the couch.

My lower lip is pulled gently between her teeth before she speaks, "Let's get you a dress"

"A dress? Now?"

"We've two days! Now is perfect"

"Can't I just use any old thing you have?", I moan.

"No!", Ella exclaims.

"Why not?"

"Because... Everything is..."

"... Everything is?", I say with a raised eyebrow.

"...Black. Ever dress I have is black. And everything else that isn't a dress is a suit"

There's a pause. And then I let out a loud laugh. Ella burns red and hits me a slap on my arm. "Stop!", I giggle and choke back happy tears.

"Do you want a dress or not?", Ella groans.

"Ella, you goth!", I chuckle, ignoring the question.

"Taylor!"

"Okay! Okay, I want a dress"

Ella beams and takes me arm, leading me to the door. Soon enough we're rushing through the streets of New York and we eventually arrive at the apartment of Ella's dress designer. Well, one of them. Nicolai was apparently the best dress designer and Ella was never doubtful of his work.

"A dress? Your dress is finished, Ella", Nicolai says, eyeing her up and down.

"It's for Taylor", Ella explains.

"I don't care who it's for. You've got two days, girl. I can't just magic up a one of a kind masterpiece in forty eight hours! 'Less you want me to work twenty four seven and you know I need my beauty sleep or the crows feet will just-"

"We'll help you! We can get this done if we work together. Oh please, Nic", Ella begs.

He finally looks over at me and sighs. "I'll see what I can do"

Ella makes a happy little jump and then hugs Nic, babbling endless thank yous.

"Alright, okay, let's take a look at her. Taylor, this way"

I stand in front of him. He lifts up my arms and feels my waist. I squirm uncomfortably. "Do hold still", he instructs. He murmurs random comments and throws a few whispers to Ella.

"Small waist... Thin arms... Long legs... She's very um..."

The words eventually become quiet murmurings and I roll my eyes once I hear familiar words being whispered.

"Yes, I'm anorexic", I groan.

"Oh dear, no", Nicolai says dramatically, "Then we'll have to hide those bones"