BONUS CHAPTER

AN So this is just a teeny bit of closure about a certain villain and sweet revenge. Thanks again for reading.
---

"Katy?"

"I'm busy, Shannon. These nails, honestly"

"Just a little update on that Acrylic thing you did?", Shannon says, peeping in the door.

"I know all about it. It's going to be the 'most sold magazine of the month', Shan"

"Eh, I wouldn't count on that. Something came up-"

"Alexis is doing my nails right now, baby, I'm busy", I say, shooing her away.

"Yeah, but I really think you'll want to hear this. Here, Cindy is on the phone"

"Well you're obviously not going away", I sigh, resting my ear to the phone as she holds it up.

"Katy, honey, great to be talking with you again-"

"Let's cut to the chase, boo. I've a recording sesh in thirty minutes"

"I'll be as quick as I can. Your interview that you did last week with us was wonderful, we got a lot of things from you. But there's just one problem"

"Did I not give you enough info? 'Cause I can shoot right now"

"No, we didn't need anything else. Believe me, we had more than enough. It's just that... Well. I don't know how else to say it. Katy, the magazine was a complete flop"

"What?", I gasp. I stand up from my chair, removing my hands from the nail heater and taking the phone.

"Taylor Swift's big fan unity thing completely outshone nearly every other magazine. Everyone's been eating this up online and in little tabloid things. Your story about her sold two hundred and fifty copies"

"Two. Hundred. Copies!?"

"Two fifty"

"What a big fucking difference, Cindy! This is bullshit!"

"She just happened to-"

"She did this to get back at me, Cindy! That's what happened. That was a setup"

"Of course it was a set up. Unbeknownst to her! Taylor Nation and Ella did this for her"

"No, she tried to make sure my page was never popular! She's out to get me! She's out to get me!"

"Katy, what the fuck is wrong with-"

"I'm going to write a song! That's what I'll do. And it'll be great and nobody's going to care about that bitch or how 'inspirational' she is!"

"Where are you going?", Shannon asks.

"Out! To the studio!"

My phone rings. And Taylor is on the other end when I answer.

"Well hello, Kathryn", comes a sweet voice.

"How did you get my number!?", I scream.

"That's not important. Listen, I just wanna say how sorry I am about the magazine! If Ella had any idea of the article I'm sure she would've held off the marchers till you had your story published. Such a shame"

She's smiling pleasantly behind each venom laced word. I can hear laughing in the background and a few mugs being clinked.

"Ever had coffee in The Rooftop Coffeehouse in the Winter, Katy? It's the sweetest thing... But not as sweet as revenge"
I cringe at the familiar words, clenching the phone in my hand.
"Anyways, I better be heading off. Duty calls! And by 'duty' I mean relaxing. Something you should try doing, sweetheart. Tata!"

"Ooh, I hate her!", I scream, "I hate her! I hate her! I hate her!"

"Katy you've just ruined your nails", Shannon groans.

"I don't care, we can do them again"

"I was using gold leaf on those claws. You can pay me $800 again for each leaf if you want, honey", Alexis says.

And my scream can be heard from five floors down.