• Ch.Twenty Four - Finally •

"Oh you look fabulous, sugar!", my mother beams, hugging me tightly at the door.

"Hi, Mom", I breathe, holding back the urge to cry. Tonight is not the time to cry.

"It's getting kind've chilly out here. Why don't you come inside and we'll get you dancing, Miss Swift?", my sister Jerry suggests as she takes her hand and leads her inside along with my dad and Austin.

"Go easy", I smirk.

"Merry Christmas, chick", Ed greets. He hands me a bottle of wine and pecks me softly on the cheek.

"And a happy New Year!", yells someone from the party.

"You're looking very festive", I say, eyeing up his green waistcoat.

"I'm trying", he shrugs. "It was either this or last years Santa suit"

"That would've made a good Christmas card", I pout.

"Ed? Ed! Get in here!", coos a voice from inside.

"Your children know you're here", I tease, directing him in with a stretched arm.

"Guess who brought drinks?... Not this girl", Jennifer sighs. "In fact I didn't bring you anything. Long story, I was at the airport-"

"A long story for inside!", I giggle. Maybe she can enlighten us after midnight when everyone is tired and drunk.

She hops in the door to join the rest of the partygoers before immediately being brought to the drink table. I'll look forward to helping her sleep on my couch later. Nicolai and Alice are next to arrive.

"Lacy lacy lacy, I like", Nic gasps, admiringly.

"And don't think I forgot the wings", I smirk, turning around to reveal a small, silvery tattoo on my upper back between my collarbones.

"Taylor Swift finally got inked", grins Este as she arrives along with the rest of Haim.

"I told you she would! Alana, you owe me, like, twenty dollars", Danielle says triumphantly.

"What's that one?", signs Alice, referring to the letter 'E' on my wrist.

"I'll tell you later", I reply.

There are a few intrigued stares shared among the guests before they join the crowds inside. I also step in. A glass of mulled wine is thrust into my hand and I'm pulled into a conga line of tipsy celebrities.

"Guys, watch this!"

"Nope", Ed says and he lowers Jennifer from the curtains.

"There's a ring in my wine"

"Sorry"

"Has anyone seen a red stiletto? Anyone?"

"I can't remember the last time I ate mince"

"Hey, are cats able to drink eggnog?"

Everyone is talking and laughing the night away. It's like I was never depressed. It's like nobody ever knew about the complete mess I was. It's like I never knew. And I'm loving every single second.

"Taylor, who made this?", asks Demi, holding up some shortbread.

"That would be me, actually", Ella says, catching a hold of our conversation.

"She can bake when she tries", I say.

"Made in an hour, eaten in minutes", Ed says, also grabbing a few and rushing back into the crowd. "Turn that song off! We've had enough of that this year!"