• Ch.Fifteen - Together •

AN Warning: The following chapter contains a large amount of bitchiness. It is advised that you have your 'OOHHHH's' at the ready. Katy Perry fans may want to skip this chapter.
---
"Ugh, come on! Let us in already!", Jennifer whines to herself. We eagerly wait outside the ballroom, ready to attend the after party. I decided to come after all. Of course, Ella was more than persuasive to make me go with her. She had managed to get in before us, separating me from her safety. But Jennifer gladly offered to hold my hand and I wasn't exactly going to say no. Maybe she can come back to our room later...

"Next", the bouncer grunts.

"Thank God!", Jenn breathes and we're quickly escorted into the party. "Drinks?", she asks. I nod and we find the bar.

"Choose your poison", she says, feeling around for a good chair.

"I don't know, you pick for me"

Jenn leans against her arm and rests her eyes on me. They're dark and shiny in the club light. "I'm guessing a classy lady like you could do with some champagne", Jenn smiles, taking me in as we sit down on the hot, leather seats. I swear she's looking at my chest.

"Sure", I say with a nervous stammer. Jennifer giggles and brings a hand up to call a bartender over. I wish I was able to order myself without freaking out.

"Or maybe we should get you some shots. Ya know, to loosen you up a bit"

"I really shouldn't be drinking alcohol at all", I admit. "But if you think It'll do me some good..."

Jenn winks, "That's the spirit"

A silver tray of six small glasses are brought to our spot at the table.

They're small, Taylor. You can take these and still be okay, right? What would Ellie say... Ellie's not here.

"You alright?", Jenn asks, nudging my arm.

"Please don't ask me that", I groan, "Everyone always asks me that"

"Okay okay, sorry", Jennifer apologises, backing off a bit. "I just want you to have a good time. I'd hate for the night to be shit for you after coming back to all this after, what, two years?"

"Three", I sigh and take my first shot. It burns my throat and tongue, a familiar and comforting pain.

"That's it", Jenn smiles and downs her first, too. "Ahh, that's good stuff", she growls and shakes away the harshness of the taste.

"Do you drink a lot?", I ask, not really thinking about my question.

Jennifer smirks and pays no attention to my nosiness, "Not a lot. Do you?"

"I haven't had a binge in months because of Ella"

"She's been keeping you in check, huh", Jenn says, gulping down her second glass.

"Well she was. And then she decided to leave because we didn't get along... And then I found her" I take my next shot.

"Found her?", Jenn asks, already slurring a bit.

"I left my house and found her in New York. She has an apartment there. It's really nice, high up. You can see everything from her living room. Makes me miss my old apartment there. I had to sell it. I mean, what was the point of owning an apartment when you're too afraid to leave your own house? I already have, like, three other houses but I'm keeping those. An apartment is an apartment, not a commitment"

Jennifer blinks a few times and takes her third and final glass. "'Kay.. You've been busy then", she says.

"To put it bluntly", I groan. Taking my last shot, I stand myself up and stretch. "I'm going to find the bathroom, it's hot in here"