• Ch.Fourteen - Returning •

"Thank you! I love you all so much!", Ariana Grande coos and takes her award. She seems so happy all the time. I could learn a few things from her.

"Don't go anywhere, because Ariana will be performing her new single, Raining Love, after this, we'll be right back"

The crowd cheers in an uproar of screams and applauding. I shift uncomfortably in my seat. Nic was right, it is hot in here. Jennifer places a hand on my knee "Are you alright?"

"Oh, uh, yeah I'm fine", I stammer.

"You sure? Do you need a drink?"

"You can get drinks?", I ask.

"Yeah! I can ask your bodyguard here to let me get you something", she yells over the noise.

"Okay", I nod, "I just want water"

She stands up and gives the order to the bodyguard who quickly leaves with her to fetch it.

"Are you having fun?", Ella asks from my other side.

"I don't know what I'm having", I say. "How did I do this every year?"

"With ease", Ella grins, "And a whole lot of sass"

I groan and throw my head back so I'm gazing up at the ceiling. Ella leans into my ear,

"Do you think Katy Perry's had plastic surgery? Look at those things! Maybe there's helium in them or something. It's a wonder she hasn't floated away"

"Ella!", I giggle and cover my smile with my hands. "Don't say stuff like that here! You could get in trouble!"

"Everyone has thought about it at some point", she says and sits back, taking in the view.

We're directly in front of the stage. Every performance has been up close and deafening. I may have lost my hearing by the end of tonight.

"Hey guys, I brought nachos as well but there's no cheese or anything because the big guy said our managers would start freaking about the dresses", Jennifer says and hands us all water and a cup of salty corn snacks.

"Jenn, you goddess", Ella gasps and gratefully takes her food. "I was right to choose you as one of my seats"

Ariana performs Raining Love and the cameras catch us dancing with our water bottles and nachos to her talented vocals. And I finally start to enjoy myself. Jennifer gets called up by everyone to fill in for Britney Spears who was meant to be announcing the next category. Once the crowd found out she was here, it was all eyes on her.

"I really don't know how to do this, I've never announced something before", she admits with an awkward cuteness that draws a chuckle from her onlookers. "Oh, there's words", she says as Megan quickly hands her an envelope and a flash card before scurrying off stage.

"Uh, oh shoot I don't have my contacts", she mutters. But everything she's saying is just making the adoring crowd cheer her on even more. And I'll admit myself that her charm is addictive.

After Hozier says his few thank yous and collects his award, Jenn looks around in the crowd for someone. She eventually locks eyes with me and then whispers something to Meghan. They have a brief conversation before Jenn waves and steps off stage, applauded by the sea of admirers.

"Um, Jennifer wanted me to call up a certain someone to say a few words before we move on to our next category. I think you'll all be wanting to hear from this girl, she's been very busy lately. And if she'd like to step up here, can we have a big round of applause to welcome back, the one and only, Taylor Swift!"