• Ch.Seventeen - Acrylic •

AN Let's give JLaw one last appearance, hmm?
---
"Ella, morning sex is not my thing", I groan and blindly push away at the heaviness on my legs.
"Ella, get off!", I whine and squint open my eyes. An unfamiliar greenish blue stares down at me.

"Good mor-"

"AHHH", I scream and grab at a pillow.

"Woah, hey! It's me!", a voice cries, arms raised and protecting a startled face.

"Jenn?", I exclaim, "What are you-"

"Ella had to go to an emergency meeting. But she'll be back soon. She told me to take you out somewhere"

"Why are you on top of me?", I ask, frustrated.

"...I dunno. They do it in the movies"

"They do what in the movies?"

"You know, the girlfriend's out so she asks the quirky, comedy relief character to take care of her other half until her return and they climb on top of them to wake them up; that thing"

"...Please get off of me"

"Oh ya! Sorry", Jennifer says and climbs off of my legs. She slips and tumbles off the bed. "I'm okay!"

"I didn't ask", I moan and swing my legs around the bed, accidentally knocking her back down.

"Still good", she assures with a weak thumbs-up.

"Get up", I sigh, offering a helping hand.

"What's got you in such a bad mood?", Jennifer ask a she balances herself up. She's not even dressed yet. And then I realise

Neither am I.

"Fuck!", I cry, covering myself with my hands.

"Oh I know what that looks like", Jenn says casually, wiggling her fingers towards my upper body and centre, "Don't be ashamed". She wears only a pair of lilac shorts and a blue tank top. Small, dark, circular patches poke through the material. I blush and raise my eyes. Her hair appears fluffy and disheveled. If we walked out of here in the state we were in, people would probably get the wrong idea. I would be dressed, of course...

"Do you have anywhere in mind for a place we could go for breakfast?", she asks, sitting herself down on a couch, the centre point of last nights activities. "You've gone really red, do you've a fever?"

"No, uh, I'm fine. Maybe we could just get room service"

"What? Don't be a snob. Let's look around and see if we can find a place"

I dress myself and so does Jennifer and we look up a few places on my laptop.

"Oh, Ella said you got a phone call"

"From who?". I ask, Jenn shrugs.

I lazily reach out an arm to the table beside me and squint my eyes as I check my missed calls. "Cindy?", I say to myself and call her back.

"Who?"

"Cindy. She was the photographer for my shoot", I say.

"Acrylic?"

"That's her", I reply. An excited voice answers my call,

"Taylor! Oh my goodness, you are not going to believe this. Well maybe you already have, I wouldn't be surprised! Oh gosh, this is incredible!"

"What are you talking about?", I ask, sleepily.

"The magazine, silly! You're everywhere! Absolutely everywhere!"