《Chapter 29: Nurse》

~ Fake people are like pennies. Two-faced and worthless. ~

Haven's pov:

The next day, everything was going smoothly until I got a call. I was hoping that it was Antonio or Rosalee but it was Enzo. He told me to get ready as Blaze was coming to pick me up. By his voice, I knew he was calm.

However, I didn't have time to ask him why Blaze was picking me up as he hangs up after I said ok.

(Haven's outfit⬆️)

I waited in the living room for Blaze. This time I kept my knife in the pocket of my jacket. I felt my phone vibrate and I looked at it.

I'm out- Blaze.

I didn't reply and made my way directly outside. I locked the door behind me and walked toward his car. I opened the passenger's door and sat down.

"Hi," I greeted him.

"Hi," he replied.

We remained silent as he drove wherever I had to be.

"Can I know where we are going?" I asked him.

"At my dad's mansion." He replied, his eyes fixed on the road ahead of him.

"What? Why?" I asked confused.

"Enzo had to get his stitches again since it open during the fight yesterday. The doctor that stitch him the first time was my family doctor. He couldn't go to Devin house again so we had to bring Enzo to him." Blaze explained.

"So I'm going to see Enzo right?" I asked and he nodded.

"He wants to talk to you about yesterday." He added.

"I figured," I sighed.

I looked outside the window and let the fresh air hit my face.

---

Blaze parked the car and we stepped down. We walked to the gate and the guards opened it when they saw Blaze.

It was a big ass mansion...

We walked inside and I looked around

We walked inside and I looked around. Some guy was working out in the front yard and some guys by the door talking. We walked by them and I noticed they stared at me.

Blaze lead me to a room in the end corner of the mansion. He opened the door and I saw Enzo laying on the bed. I walked inside and Blaze closes the door behind us. This room was really large. I noticed that there was a wheelchair near the bed.

I sat at the edge of his bed and looked at him," How are you?"

"I'm good," He replied.

"Alright, ask everything that you want," I told Enzo.

"What was that yesterday?" He asked instantly.

"I save your ass," I shrugged making him roll his eyes. Blaze pulled the chair near the desk and sat down.

"How do you know how to fight? Since when do you fight?" He inquired.

Storytime...

"When I went with mom the first year I met a girl in college. Her name is Rosalee, we hang out together and she introduces me to his brother Antonio. Antonio is a ring fighter, he doesn't fight to win but he fights to hurt and sometimes kill," I started and he listened to me attentively. Even Blaze seemed interested.

"I saw him fight a couple of times and it got to me. I wanted to learn and fight. I ask him if he could train me and he did. Slowly he introduces me to the ring and that's how I started to fight and it's been two years." I explained.

"Two years... why didn't you tell me about this?" Enzo furrowed his eyebrows.

"Look who's talking..." I pointed out.

"I had my reasons," Enzo defended himself.

"And so did I," I argued back.

"Alright fine, we were both wrong." He stated and I shrugged.

We heard a knock before the door opened. We looked toward the door and a nurse walked in with a tray in her hands.

"Sorry to disturb you but the doctor asked me to check his stitches." She said and we nodded.

Blaze and I stood up, making our way outside.

"How's Hayley?" I asked him as we walked down the hall. I don't know where we were going, I just walked with him.

"She's fine, she wants to meet you again." He replied and I chuckled.

I really wanted to tell him to bring her anytime but I was scared that she would get hurt because of me. This boss thing was still playing in my mind.

"Looks like she enjoyed my company," I finally said and he nodded.

"She sure does, she trusts you like she trusts my brothers and me." He told me.

I was about to talk when his phone rang. We stopped walking and he picked up the call.

"Hello? Yes... wait what? But she's already here," I looked at Blaze and there was a confused look on his face but this soon changed and he had a blank expression.

He hung up and turned to me," This girl is not a nurse."

As soon as everything sinks in, we run toward the room where we left Enzo. We reached the room but Enzo wasn't there. The door was open, the bed was messy and the tray was on the floor.

"We need to go to the front entrance, there is no other way to go out." Blaze informed me. We both run toward the entrance. We reached the door and stopped to look around.

"There," Blaze pointed at the girl who was pushing the wheelchair. She was halfway to the gate.

"I'll look after the girl," I told Blaze before going to the girl. When I reached, I grabbed her arm and pulled her back. She instantly turns around and throws her knife toward me. I moved my head, grabbed her arm and elbowed her on her side.

She leaned to punch my face and I block her with my arm. I kick her on her stomach making her stumble back. The knife in her hand fell and I didn't give her time to get it back as I turned around and sidekick her in the face.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah