《Chapter 17: Gun or Knife》

~ Alone we are strong. Together we are stronger. ~

Haven's pov:

Fortunately, someone grabbed the mic and tap on it to gain our attention. We looked at the front of the hall and we saw Meredith on the podium smiling at everyone.

"Hi, I'm sure everyone knows who I am," She started," I was able to get permission to make this party less boring while the adults are doing their things inside. So DJ, turn it up please."

Instantly, the lights were dimmed and the loud music started to play, vibrating the speakers. That was a whole new vibe. Some went in the middle of the room and started to dance to the beat of the song.

A few guys made their way toward Dylan. One of them whispered something in his ear before he abruptly stood up and walked to a door at the end of the hall.

"We'll be at the bar," I heard Enzo said. I didn't pay much attention to him since my focus was on Dylan. He turned to talk to the guys and by the way, he was behaving it seemed like he was panicking. He opens the door and they all went inside the room.

"Hey,"

I shifted my gaze on Zoey who was in front of my table.

"Let's dance," She smiled.

"No, i'm goo-"

"Oh come on, let's have some fun." She insisted while grabbing my wrist.

I stood up and she pulled me to the dance floor where the guys were. Kyle put his hand forward and I put mine on his. He spins me around before we started to dance to the beat of the song.

Zoey was with Asher and they looked like they were having the best time of their life. For the next 20 minutes, I let myself relax and enjoy my time. The song ended and I step to the side to catch my breath. I was starting to get sweaty too.

"Tired already?" Kyle asked as he joined me.

"Kinda," I chuckled.

"Do you need anything? Water?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"I'm good," I reassured him.

"Alright, I'll get back to the dance floor then. I found this cute girl and I bet I'll get her number by the end of this song." He said confidently.

"Go for it," I chuckled.

"Oh, and there is a garden at the back, if you want some fresh air you can go there." He informed me while pointing at the door Dylan went.

A garden?

"Ok," I nodded at him. He went back to the dance while I looked at the door. Some couples were coming back inside and they went directly to the bar. I made my way to the door and pushed it opened.

There were lights along the path and it looked beautiful

There were lights along the path and it looked beautiful. I followed the path and it led me to a beautiful place.

I looked around and there were some benches under the big trees

I looked around and there were some benches under the big trees. I made my way there and sat on one of them. There were only a few people here but they were just sitting and admiring the view. The silent and fresh wind made this place more peaceful. The sound of the water was relaxing too.

I leaned my back and closed my eyes, relaxing.

It took me fifteen minutes before I felt someone beside me. I snapped my eyes opened and I turned to my side. I was surprised to see him here. He just sat down and looked at the fountain in front of us.

I tore my sight from him and we both sat silently.

"How is Hayley?" I glanced at him, breaking the silence.

"She is fine. She still has some bruises but it doesn't hurt her anymore." Blaze replied.

"That's good," I commented looking at my heels.

"We ask her about what happen that night," he said and I looked at him. His eyes were already on me studying me.

"You will be happy to hear that she didn't break her pinky promise." He added and a slight smile formed on my lips.

"You are right, I'm happy." I chuckled.

"You do realise that by hiding your secret and everything that happens that night, you are letting these sick people roaming around freely." He pointed out taking my happy mood to its end.

"What would do you if you knew who they were?" I dare asked.

"They wouldn't be alive right now," His reply was instant.

He wasn't wrong. I only beat them up and they were still roaming around freely. What if they attack another girl or another kid or Hayley...

"You don't have to tell me what you did, just tell me who the guys were," he said and I looked at him.

I might as well tell him about the guys...

"Alright, there were 5 guys-"

"Shush," he abruptly cut me off. His eyes were fixed on something behind me and his calm self was now really guarded.

"What?" I asked cautiously. He casually put his arm on the bench behind my back and turned his body toward me.

"There are two guys armed behind the tree over there," He said lowly. I watched as his hand slowly behind his back and he took out his gun, putting it on his laps.

The tree that he was talking about was a few meters away from us so they couldn't hear what we were saying. All they could see was us talking to each other. Moreover, I had my back to them. I looked at the other benches and they were all empty.

I hope everyone was safe inside...

He proceeds to stand up when I stopped him.

"Don't, we can get them without shooting them," I said and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"They have guns too and we don't know how many guys are in this area." He stated, his voice still low.

"Exactly, that's why you shouldn't use your gun. One shoot and they'll get the signal to attack us." I explained.

"Then what should we do? Cause if things go wrong, I'll be the only one with a gun." He pointed out.

"I don't have a gun but..." I trailed off as I discreetly lift my dress on the side to show my knife. His eyes followed my hand and it settles down on the knife.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah