《Chapter 54: Surprise?》

~When I tell you that I love you. I am not saying it out of habit, I am reminding you that you are my life.~

Haven's pov:

(One month later)

Today was a fine, relaxing Sunday. Since both Enzo and dad were home, we decided to play Monopoly. One of our favourite board game.

We were all in the living room, sitting on the carpet around the middle table.

"You get one and you go to jail son." Dad patted Enzo's shoulder.

"I know," Enzo said while shaking the dice in his hand. He throws it on the board and it rolled many times before it landed on one.

"Fuck no!" Enzo whined.

"You go to jail, brother." I chuckled.

"This game is rigged." Enzo scoffed before moving his character to the jail's square.

"How? You are just a sore loser." Dad shook his head.

"Come on Haven, your turn now," Enzo stated and I rolled my eyes.

I grabbed the dice, shook it a couple of times before throwing it on the board. It rolled and it landed on 6.

"Are you kidding me? It's the fifth six you got." Enzo gasped.

"Ha," I stick my tongue out at him.

I proceed to move my character when suddenly we heard the bell.

"Is Blaze coming over today?" Enzo asked me and I shook my head no.

"He's busy with some work," I said not going into details in front of dad. Enzo instantly understood what I meant and nodded at me.

"I wonder who it is, I'm not expecting anyone," Dad said while standing up. He went to open the front door while Enzo and I remained in the living room, waiting for him.

We heard a loud squeal, making us turn our head to the living room entrance. I gasped when I saw mom walking in. We stood up and went to hug mom.

"It feels so nice to see you both again," She said as she kissed our heads. We pulled away.

"What a surprise you gave us," dad commented as he leaned against the wall looking at us. He had his hands buried in his sweatpant's pocket.

"Yeah, how come you are here? Weren't you on a business trip?" Enzo asked curiously.

"I was, but luckily the last trip got cancelled and postponed to next year. I have the next few months to spare and I thought that I would surprise you all by coming here." Mom explained.

"That's nice," dad added.

"Aren't you tired of travelling?" I asked mom and she nodded.

"I barely slept on the flight yesterday, my neck's kinda sore too." She sighed.

"I'll get the guest room ready for you," Dad said and mom nodded.

"Thank you."

Dad walked upstairs to get the room ready.

"Anyway Haven now that I'll be home, I guess you should return with me. I know that you probably miss your friends and school, so once you are packed we will leave from here." Mom said smiling at me.

My heart dropped in my stomach.

"R-return with you?" I asked and she nodded.

"And once we reached there, we can go shopping... I miss shopping with you." She reached to stroke my cheek.

Crap.

I love mom and I do miss our old-time together but I don't want to leave. I do miss my old friends and my old school but I want to stay here with my new friends and my loving boyfriend.

Blaze

I don't want to ruin the amazing relationship we created due to our long distance.

"Lilian, your room is ready." Dad came back downstairs. Mom turned to him and nodded. Dad helped her with her suitcases and they walked upstairs.

I felt Enzo's arm wrapped around my shoulder, "By your dull face, anyone can tell that you don't wanna go back."

"I don't want to," I admitted.

"You should talk with mom, I'm sure she will understand," Enzo reassured me.

"She'll be alone though." I sighed.

"Dude, come on. She's always busy with work, you'll be the one left alone... beside do you want to leave your loverboy?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"Decided then, talk to her and if she still insists to take you with her... we'll come up with something." He added. He unwrapped his arm and walked upstairs.

I made my way to my room. As I sat down, my phone started to ring. I took it and it was Blaze.

"Hey babe," by the sound of his voice, he seemed happy.

"Hey," I try to sound happy.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Nothing much, I'm in my room. What about you?" I replied.

"I just got out of the shower, do you want to come over?" He asked and I could tell he was really looking forward to it.

I should probably tell him...

"Blaze, my mom came today," I said biting my lips.

"Oh, I understand. It's okay we'll meet tomorrow." He chuckled.

"She wants me to leave with her," I added and there was long silent.

"Leave? You are going back to your old town?" His voice was so low that I barely heard him.

"She wants me to go with her." I sighed.

"When are you leaving?" He asked.

"I don't know," I replied. I wanted to reassure him that everything was going to be ok and that we were going to find a way but I didn't want to give him false hope.

"Damn... we will meet before you leave right?" He asked his voice sounding distant.

"Blaze, I don't want to go. I'll try talking with my mom." I said.

"Alright, let me know how it goes..." He trailed off.

"I will," I nodded.

"I'll go, Hayley's calling me. I love you." He said making me smile at the last part.

"I love you too," I replied.

We both hang up and I laid my back on the bed, looking at the ceiling. Once mom will be awake from her nap, I'm going to talk with her.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
Lovelyshifah