What could have been

(Flash back)

Nikki and Rebel worked over another song. Brandi was off shopping with Joanna.Gunner was fast asleep in his crib across the living room.

MTV was playing for somekind of background to help the two focus.

"Hey Rebs?" Nikki asked looking up at his cousin. "Huh?" She asked never looking away from her paper. She was working on a song for The BlackHearts since Lonny had basically forced her to help him addition people to replace Johnny and Lita on guitar and bass.

Lonny wanted the band back together and he wanted Rebel to continue to be the lead singer. So she agreed and after three days they found a man named Marty for the guitar and a odd man nicknamed Frankenstein as the bands new bassist. Now she was working over songs that they would record soon.

"Hey Nikki what do you think about this?" She asked before she started singing a song that may or may not be about her husband.

The way you're nagg'in never gonna stop you always seem to be blowing your top. One of these days I'm gonna lose my mind or jump out a window and I'll be real fine.

Nikki sighed and cut her off. "Is that about Mick?" The girl groaned. "What do you think?"

"How come your basically living Here- Don't get me wrong because I love having you, but what about Mick and the kids?"

Nikki didn't miss his cousin roll her eyes. "Erik and Frankie have been staying with Vince since Neil gets to spend almost a month with his dad. He asked if Frankie could stay over and of course Erik wanted to stay too. I didn't think the little guy would actually stay nights though, but he proved me wrong."

The girl said with a shrug. "Okay but what about Mick?" Rebel scoffed. "Is everything okay with you two?"

Rebel locked eyes with her cousin. "No."

Nikki didn't expect her to say no-Even if it was the truth he thought she'd lie about whatever was going on.

"Whats wrong?" He asked moving from his chair to sit with her on the couch.

"He-He's not the same anymore." She muttered playing with her hands."I mean we can't go two seconds without something-Anything turning into a fight with us anymore." She with with a groan.

Nikki sighed. "Why?" She was looking down at the papers around her. "I-I don't know man. It's just like- I get that he's hurting..I understand that,but he doesn't have any right to treat me and the kids like he dose.."

"How dose he?" Nikki asked getting upset with the old man. "I mean just moody, always going off about something. Get this- One fight we had he blamed me for him not drinking anymore- Said it was the only thing that helped the pain and I took it away from him." She snapped with wide eyes. "He agreed with you and the guys that it was time to get clean! I supported him with the decision. I missed him and the guys why you were gone but-In the end it was what you all needed."

"Did the doctors stop giving him the medicine?" Mick asked softly. "No-But he once again stopped taking it. Says its not helping." She snapped.

Her eyes went from rage to sadness. "He says he's in constant pain." She said softly. "I hate that he's hurting." She muttered. "Have the doctors-." She cut him off.

"Yet the idiot won't go to a check up at the doctors. He won't go because the last time we went the doctor was saying he might need a hip replacement. Now Mickeys back to calling them nuts and says they can't help him-News flash it was helping when he actually went!" Rebel snapped.

"So whats he doing why your here?" Nikki asked. "Most likley sitting in front of the TV watching gun shows. Hes pissed off all the time and gets mad at me whenever I'm in a mood... I'm gonna be in a mood when he's in a mood!"