Silly Girl

Once Silas woke, Cora made her way to a chair by their bed and threw Silas a pair of his sweats as she glared at them. He was a bit confused as he stared at her like she lost her damn mind as he looked around the room at my whole family, realizing he was naked. As if he cared, Silas was full of himself and didn't care who saw him. It had been times he walked around the house naked, and it always got under my skin because there were children in our home. However, they were used to it and hardly paid him any attention. Sometimes it made me wonder if they saw him, but I noticed they also walked about the home naked, causing me to think it was a vampire thing, something I wasn't accustomed to.

Although Cora had grown irritated with Silas as she groaned, he continued to stare. Cora groaned as Silas stared at her. I knew he was cursing her through their mind link, but I agreed Silas needed to put on clothes. Everything wasn't meant for others to see. I was not too fond of other vamps looking at what was mine, and my parents were tired of seeing his ass. Silence filled the room for about ten minutes as they all thought about who could have done this.

I had my doubts that Anges did this. This was an inside job, and something about the attack didn't scream my evil grandmother. It was personal, and Agnes would've had Silas kill me in my sleep, not kill him. The person who did this acted as if they knew I was immortal, not Silas. Still, cutting his wrist wouldn't have killed him. They knew this, but they wanted Silas and Celeste out of the way to make it easier to get to me.

It had to be someone in our home, someone Silas and I overlooked. The house was filled with supernatural creatures, meaning they weren't the only witches. No one could have come in because their castle was hidden deep in the Bayou by a magical barrier, and only the ones living there knew how to get in and out. It had to be one of them. I knew it wasn't one of my siblings, parents, or Cora. Frank and Silas had ups and downs, but he knew they couldn't be killed. It couldn't have been him, maybe one of my other's other halves, and Silas seemed to think the same. However, I couldn't read his thoughts; he blocked them for a strange reason.

"Maybe we've been looking at this the wrong way. This whole time we all thought this was Anges' doings. Maybe it's not her."

"Anges has been after you for as long as I can remember. She doesn't know how to give up. Do you know how many magical beings that woman has killed in the past year to gain their powers? You don't, and the humans think they have a serial killer on their hands. In a way, they do." Cora sighed as she tapped her knee, thinking. She was right. I didn't know because I was new to this. Or maybe it was her, and we had all been blinded, thinking she was giving me her powers as she calmed to be doing the past few days. I wanted to trust her, but Cora could've been draining me of my powers while she slowly killed me. "Cora–"

"Granny...."

"Granny, how do you know for sure that I'm pregnant? How do I know we can trust you?" I questioned as she stood quickly, placing one hand on my head and the other on my stomach. Immediately I could see and feel my child move within me for the first time, indicating I was at least three to four months pregnant. Cora's powers were amazing, and I felt crazy for not believing in her.

"You're five months, to be exact. The two of you fuck too damn much, although that's it's not my problem, but with that damn fertility fairy floating around here, you may have more than one in there. The fucking bitch mess with the prophecy."

"Are you trying to tell us something?" Silas asked; besides answering, Cora glared at him and sat back down. After she intertwined her fingers and stared at me, she wanted me to apologize for my curiosity. "I'm not apologizing if that's what you want."

"I can tell that you are Dahlia's child. That smart ass mouth that I could slap off you."

"BITCH TRY IT! TRY IT. I FUCKING DARE YOU!" At the moment, I didn't care if she was my grandmother. Cora didn't know who the fuck she was fucking with. I wouldn't waste a minute dragging her ancient ass all over this fucking house. "Yasmine, dear. I don't think you know who you're fucking with. So, let me give you some advice; sit your little black ass down before I show you."