Christmas Lights

After talking to my mother, I sat back, thinking about all our advantages over Agnes. The best one was she thought I was dead, meaning she should know I had resurfaced. At this moment, she was looking for my father, sister, and brothers, at least I think she was since I wasn't clear if my parents faked their deaths too. All of it was crazy, and she was still confused about how they became to be immortal. Linda hadn't spoken about how and when my father became immortal, but that was my fault because I didn't ask.

We also have had our memories back for a little over a month, including Lenora, who was mad that she missed out on her children's lives. Who wouldn't be? For thirty-something years before our lives turned into centuries, she thought Kenny and Aniyah were her nephew and niece, while she thought she lost both her children due to stress and being beaten by her no-good husband.

What Lily did was straight-up evil. It was wrong for her to put people through what Lenora went through, and I was glad the bitch and her husband were dead. Still, we as in danger, and one of the reasons my mother didn't let us meet her mother back when she told us she was still alive. However, it was Cora doing this because she knew Melissa, my father's sister, and my mother's brother Joaish had something going on. Therefore she didn't trust Melissa and didn't want any clues traveling back to Agnes that they were still alive.

I couldn't say I blamed her. The woman was still living with her mother. If she was trying to use my father as her secret weapon. Who to say she wasn't using them both? It was a question that I kept asking myself who I could trust or couldn't. I was foolish, or should I say we, and foolish, to trust Lily. In the end, she tried to kill my mother and me. Her next target would have been Silas, one of my siblings, or Siren.

Their search for power was ridiculous, and they said I was the threat, but the only threat I saw was them. They refused to see the true evil in front of them, and it was themselves.

"Yasmine, where are Elias's shoes?" Silas asked, walking into the room with our fat little man in his arms. He was seven months old, and it was his first time leaving the house with us. We decided to hide him together until now, and I stayed home with him. Especially since Elias fed off our emotions and I was always upset, we couldn't afford to go somewhere; then his powers went haywire. Although Silas and the others were always on the go, I was scared to leave and felt more comfortable at home with my babies.

"They're not in his room?" I asked as he stood there, glaring at me. "Don't look at me like that— You know, for someone against Christmas and everything it stands for, you are the only one excited about the children seeing the lights." I knew it got to him because Silas rolled his eyes while handing me Elias as he looked up at me with his big greyish brown eyes smiling while mumbling 'Mama' as he reached for my nose. It was hard to believe how big he had gotten and such little time. Plus, the older he got, the more he looked like his father than me. He loved his Mama but loved his daddy more. All the children were that way beside Siren because Silas was always on her ass about something.

"MAMA! IS FATHER REALLY TAKING US TO SEE THE LIGHTS TONIGHT? HE NEVER DOES THAT! NEVER! I AM SO HAPPY!"

"I will be happy if you lower your voice. Dang, child, I know it has to be a volume key on your little butt. Yasmine, you must ask Silas if there is some medicine for ADHD vampires." Aniyah said, walking into the room with Ophelia causing me to laugh while Ophelia stared at her. The only thing going through her mind was what her aunt was talking about, which made Aniyah laugh.

"Baby auntie, not saying anything bad. You are just hyper all the time. It's like there isn't a calm down switch on you."

"I'm always happy. Should I have a reason not to be? Where is Daddy? Mama, can I hold Elias? Why aren't his shoes on yet? He's going to make us late. Don't you think Mama?" Ophelia asked many questions as she normally did while Aniyah sighed, and I listened until Elias decided to slap me in the face.