What Now?

I had to get my thoughts together; before I realized it, a week had passed. There was so much information to process but also so little. I sighed, looking over to a sleeping Silas. He was sleeping on his side with his back toward me for the first time, making me wonder if he was sleeping or lying there. Slowly I touched his shoulder, noticing that his body was much colder than normal, which made me sit up straight, turning him over. His eyes were shut, and I noticed his stomach wasn't moving. I was pretty sure the undead couldn't die unless someone killed us, so this scared the mess out of me. I quickly jumped up, grabbed my robe, and ran straight for the door without thinking. I didn't quite know who I was looking for, but Celeste was the first person I saw.

"Come with me now... Something is wrong with Silas!" I yelled. Like the idiot, she was, Celeste looked at me like I had lost my damn mind, something I didn't have time for. Instead, I grabbed her and pulled her down the hall where I came.

"Yasmine, slow down! What do you mean something is wrong with Master?"

"He's colder than normal and purple around the eyes. I don't think he is breathing!" I rushed out as she stopped in her tracks. Again she stared at me crazy as she was about to laugh or cry. I could never tell with her.

"Queen, he's okay. Silas probably needs blood sometimes; he forgets to feed before bed, and if the room is still cold, it causes us to become vampires... how do I put this? It causes us to be dead. Blood will bring him back to himself." Celeste said, walking away, waving for me to follow.

We ended up in a room with about six humans donating blood. The smell and the sound of the heartbeats made my hands shake until Celeste placed a cup in my hand and told me to drink it.

"Sorry, I wasn't thinking. I wake up early and drink blood before moving through the house. I should have known by the way you dressed you haven't had blood yet. Silas needs warm blood, preferably straight from a human, but I won't recommend it if he's in the state he is in. This should do. Let a few drops drip in his mouth, then stand back, and if I were you, I would drop the bag. I know we are undead, but some vamps tend to get violent when they are like that."

"So why can't you do it? He's your Master."

"And he's your husband." She smirked before walking away. I wanted to throw the goblet at the back of her, but I chose to flip her off before going to help Silas. However, once I returned to the room, I decided it would be best to light the fire before getting Silas his blood. After, I turned around but was stopped in my tracks as I saw a woman standing by our bedside.

"Who the fuck are you, and why are you in our room?"

"I mean no harm, Queen. I noticed him when I was about to light the fire. Master Silas wasn't breathing, and you were gone. He needs to feed, and I was about to let him feast upon my blood, but I see you came prepared." She said, pointing to the blood bag in my hand, stepping back swiftly from the bed. I noticed she gave off a sweet sugary smell, nothing as I smelled, before making me look back at her while she looked at the floor.

"What is your name?"

"Ashera, I'm the fairy of fertility and motherhood, madam. I'm the reason you and Sire have your little prince."

I turned quickly to the woman, forgetting I was in the middle of dripping blood into Sila's mouth. Clearly, she said something that wasn't supposed to be known because she stared at me in shock as Silas grabbed my hand. His grip was tight, causing me to glance back to see his glowing red eyes. It wasn't what I was used to seeing, and it scared me shitless. Without another thought, I threw the bag, and he wasted no time tearing into it like a wild animal making a kill which caused Ashera and me to step back further.