Baby?

I was over it every time I turned around; I had a damn memory about something I didn't want to remember. It was bad enough I had to deal with the Lycan in my house. The very one that I loathed then listened to Nathaniel speak of what we needed to overcome. I hated it, and no one told Silas Matei what the fuck to do.

Then again, Frank was the least of my worries. A familiar or whatever had found his way into mine and Yasmine's life, taking away all her time for the past two days. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but something about the little creature made it hard not to. A lot was bothering me lately, like how there were no more attacks after Yasmine's death.

In the back of my head, I knew her grandmother had to know that she was alive. Especially with no word about a funeral or me going crazy. Or was she in the dark? I wasn't a doubt in my mind that she and Lily weren't working together. All of it was driving me up the wall as I sighed in defeat and laid my head on my oak desk, cursing the day I let that witch live. I knew I should have killed her when we first met.

Flashback

"Where is Yasmine and my fucking daughter?" I shouted as I stepped into her parent's home. Both jumped to their feet, turning to me.

"Now Silas, son, ya gotta calm down. Then I'll tell you. Know we did what we thought was best for our daughter. Ya have to understand that."

"I understand you're hiding my wife and child from me. Who does that, Nathaniel? I done nothing wrong! You think I cannot protect my wife or my child? I was gonna turn her when she was ready. You had no fucking right."

Dahlia stared between the two of us, rubbing her hands together nervously. I could tell she had something to say, but Nathaniel's glares prevented her from doing so. It wasn't going to stop me from trying as I slowly turned, facing the short woman. She was no taller than my Yasmine. Her beauty was just the same, and she loved her daughter, hell, both of them did, but they had no right to take her from me.

"Silas, honey, have some tea, sit and talk to us. We will tell you whatever ya want to know." She smiled, handing me a small teacup. I was wary but still slipped from it. "I'm sorry, but we have to do this, Silas. It's to protect Yasmine, our granddaughter, and you. I know ya'll will find each other one day. Only then can you be together as ya should."

Present

I fell asleep without knowing it but quickly jumped to my feet once I felt a hand touch my shoulder as Yasmine came into view. Swiftly she took a step back, holding her hand up, which confused me until I realized I was in defense mode. My fangs were prolonging, hands ready to attack.

"Are you okay?" She spoke as she put some distance between us as if I was about to hurt her. I understood because most of the time, vamps could be unpredictable. What got me was she was there in nothing but her bra and panties, looking concerned and sexy.

"Yeah... yeah. But why the fuck are walking around the house naked, Yasmine?"

"I'm not naked, Silas. I have underwear on." She smartly said, causing my brow to arch. For some reason, Yasmine's smart mouth pissed me off. Maybe I was in one of those moods.

"You're still fucking naked, Yasmine. Put some damn clothes on and stop walking around the house like a damn whore."

"A whore? Silas, I know you just didn't call me a fucking whore? You know what, fuck you! I don't need you, nor do I need you talking down on me. Maybe you should tell Celeste, Kia, and Danielle to put on clothes, or do you like to see them naked? If you think I'm about to put up with this shit. You're damn wrong. What you can do is kiss my motherfucking ass; I got your fucking whore." She yelled, walking from the room as I sighed heavily. It wasn't supposed to come out the way it did, but the damage was done. Now it needed to be fixed as I ran behind her to defuse the problem.