Who

The next morning, I only had one thing on my mind. How did this person end up here? As I sprang out of bed and into the bathroom, where I unexpectedly found Silas taking a shower. Nicely I gave my husband a sweet smile, which felt so natural to say. Silas was my husband. He's been saying it for a month, so it wasn't anything new, but it felt great to be true again. When suddenly, Silas pulled me into the shower, kissing my forehead, smiling against it when the bathroom door swung open. There stood Aniyah, which didn't surprise me. The girl didn't respect Silas's and my privacy more than she respected her own. Silas let out a deep, resounding sigh, muttering curse words under his breath as he glanced over at Aniyah, his eyes glowing a yellowish gold which caused the naive girl to cock her head to the side.

"That's a new one."

"Aniyah, what the fuck do you want?" She laughed, waving him off, and revealed Elias in her arms. Quickly she undressed the small baby and handed him over to Silas, not before kissing his little face.

"I feed him. I think he wants his sour-puss father... and Silas; no one cares about your dick but Yasmine. Yeah, it's big and all but that belongs to her. Plus, I have a man, and I think his is bigger. Anyhow love the both of you, and enjoy your shower with little Elias there." Aniyah smiled big, walking away, making Silas groan as we listened to our bedroom door close, causing us to look at each other.

"I don't understand why won't my mind control work with Aniyah. Your sister is a mystery. I don't think Moses was her father. It has to be why Lily kept her and why your grandmother wanted her dead as much as you."

"Aniyah is headstrong. I think that's why it's hard to control her. She has a one-track mind. Once her mind gets set on something, it's hard to change it."

He smiled, looking down at Elias, who was looking back up at him, making Silas smile brighter as he looked back at me. I loved watching him with the children. It seemed like it was a second skin for him. Silas was meant to be a father vampire or not. It also made me think, was I meant to be a mother? Yeah, I loved our children and love the fact I gave birth to this little boy in his father's arms now. Still, was I meant to but a mother? A question that has always played repeatedly in my mind since the day I found out Siren was my child. Hell, since the day Silas asked me to be Ophelia and Lazarus's mother. The fact of me being infertile for so long made me think I was unworthy of children.

"Stop thinking so hard, Yas. Here take your going-to-be spoiled-ass son so I can help clean you. I was about to get out of the shower when you came in."

"Yeah, you were about to leave the room without me knowing, weren't you?"

Silas smirked, giving me the answer I needed as I took Elias from Silas, cradling him in my arm, kissing the top of his little, and listening to his little cooing sounds as Silas started washing my neck down to my back, and so on, until he was finished after we both left the shower together. I could tell he was thinking the same thing, getting to the bottom of the person locked in one of our rooms downstairs.

I quickly dried myself off after putting a diaper on Elias and getting him dry. Afterward, I ran back to the bathroom to brush my teeth, came back to get dressed, and was about to get Elias dressed when I saw Silas already had.

"How is she here, Silas?"

"I don't know, sweetheart, but we are about to find out after you get some blood in your system."

I stopped looking at him. He always ensured I drank blood every morning after waking, something I never understood. Now thinking to myself, maybe I should.

"Why do you worry about drinking blood every morning before leaving the room? I don't see you doing."

"Just because you don't see me doing something, Yasmine, doesn't mean I don't. Do you remember the morning after seeing the demon in your apartment?"