What Else Do I Need to Know?

"Yasmine, can we talk?"

"About?" I asked with a raised brow. It wasn't like I was trying to be rude. I had no time or energy to deal with my mother's bullshit today. Truly for the past few days, I've been trying to avoid her. Especially after discovering we were immortal and how Lenora was Aniyah and Kenny's birth mother. The whole was a huge mess, and it made me wonder how much she did and didn't know, which seemed like a lot, and it was beginning to stress me out.

I didn't like being in the fucking dark. They all acted like we couldn't care for ourselves or they didn't want us to. It was bullcrap; how else would we protect ourselves if our parents kept interfering? What good were we to our children if we seemed to be weak? Neither one of them thought about how this could affect them. When did they think would but a good time to let them go? Let us fly on our own as their parents did them. They didn't think any of it through. All they cared about was themselves and what this made them look like, and we weren't standing for it any longer. It was time to let go.

"Talk."

"Please believe me when I say I don't know anything about Lenora being Niy or Ken's mother. I'm not crazy. I remember the day Lily had both of them, and I'm sure neither came out of Lenora's womb." I couldn't believe she was more confused about the situation than my father was. Both stated the same claims and wondered was Silas's taste buds were off. Maybe he fed from Lenora and didn't tell her were their thoughts.

"It could have been an illusion spell."

"Lily didn't know that type of mag... but Moses did. Damnit, what if..." All of and sudden, she paused and started pacing the room. Linda was thinking to herself, and it was something about what if Lily never had children while she tried to force herself to remember.

"I want to know everything about myself and my powers, Ma, and don't lie. I will know if you do."

"Why would I lie, Yas? You are the first and only witch to walk this earth stronger than the gods themselves. They feared this day would come, but none lived to see it. The truth is I hid you because I knew you were the key to what Lily and Agnes were looking for because I am that same key. Lily neither knew she wasn't my mother's biological child. She found her... the local witch, as they called her, still curled up in her mother's charred remains. It was a miracle she was still alive, and I could feel the evil coming off her. I tried to warn my mother, but like all parents, she refused to listen."

My ears couldn't believe what they were hearing. My mother admitted to knowing she was immortal in so many words. Although that wasn't my concern, it was the fact she mentioned gods and Lily wasn't their sister.

"You knew I- we were immortal and gods? What gods? And exactly how long have you been alive? And Dad?"

She laughed but saw nothing funny as she nodded before speaking. "I knew but didn't know how to tell you and your brother. I always wondered how Aniyah and Kenny were when Lily wasn't Lenora's and my sister. I'm talking about the Greek Gods... I have walked this earth for a long time." She sighed. "I've seen it be destroyed and rebuilt...."

"Mom, stop beating around the brush," I spoke as she gave me another smile and sat beside me. "Before Christ, I saw him be born, and to be truthful, I think your father was born around the late 1400s. Though I'm not sure, I was also burned alive during the Salem Witch trials in 1622. Back then, I refused to have children because I didn't want you to suffer the same faith I did. Is there anything else you would like to know?"

Hell yeah, there was more I wanted to know, but my head was hurting. This woman had to be talking out of her fucking ass. There was no way... no way in fucking hell she was born before Christ and still on this damn earth. "I see what Silas of, you think too damn loud, dear daughter. Don't scream your thoughts. It would be best to talk them out as if you were speaking to your husband, sister, me, or father. Oh, I can also hear your thoughts." She spoke, touching my forehead before I could stop her. Suddenly a bright white light flashed before me, and after, everything went dark.